Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 S-W differnt core

Hello Gents,

as I have had a look at my Sy Wagner EK2 I have detected that them have different cores. Clearly to see at the crown and date.

My query is: Has anybody else further crosses for comparission?

I assume that the cores did not come from Sy Wagner but rather them have bought from a manufacturer. This seems not absured if you have a view at the small jewelers like "Sedladzek". I do not think that he has made the cores by himself.

All coments would be appreciated.

Best Franki
    Attached Files

Franki

I know of at LEAST two versions of S-W EK1's and there are many other crosses in both classes whose obverse characteristics differ whilst the maker mark is the same. 'Wilm' is another example, but there are many.

To me, it is clear that there was a great deal of inter-company dealings going on in Imperial times... and I find it interesting that while there are many instances of one company with two different cores, it is rare to find one with any MORE than two variations.

I can only hypothesise why this might be - especially as you would not expect someone as historically prestigious and prolific as Sy-Wagner to 'run out' of core stock....but I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has a definitive explanation for this.

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X