Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need urgent help on Luftschiffer/Zeppelin badge

Hello fellwos,

someone offered me a Luftschiffer badge and I need to know if it's good or not. I have only these photos.

Best wishes

Joerg
    Attached Files

maker Meybaur and an "F"
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stdub
      maker Meybaur and an "F"
      Hi Jörg,

thats a weak Meybaur-mark, isn´t it? Or is it the light?

Gerd

Comment

Hello Gerd,

yes it's weak - without a magnifying glass it's not easy to make it out.
        The "F" is stamped better.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Jörg,

i would be surprised, if someone can tell you at all, if this is a good one or not, as the opinions on these are countless and noone dares to have one, like it seems. At least i do not dare to have one, so i am sorry, that i can´t be of help for you, mate.

Although, the weak maker-mark (which is ALLWAYS good visible on all the other badges, i have seen) makes me a little suspicous.

Look forward to more opinions.

best,
          Gerd

Comment

Thanks Gerd - let's see what the others say.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Is that brass coming through the silver finish in the bottom front of the zeppelin? If so, the material would be correct for a badge made in the 20's. The issue badges made by CEJ were not real silver either. The patina looks like what you see on old silver plate pieces, a good sign for me. The light strike of the Meybauer mark does not bother me as sometimes this happens since they are hand struck. My main concern is the detail of the top two ribbon rings. They do not looked well formed. If this is some type of old damage to the piece, that is one thing. If not, I doubt a maker like Meybauer would have made this and it is not a good sign. So I am kind of 50/50 on this one right now. I would liike to see a photo of the pin assembly if you have one. If the seller will not give you one, RUN!

Comment

Hi Daniel,

I decided to stay away from this badge, as it is to much money for an item that will never get a 100% positive reaction.

The pin and catch have a repair - another reason not to take such an expencive badge.

I took the photos at the sellers home, so I can not show more now.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X