Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad News

Gentlemen,

It is with great sadness that I report that I received a call from Lorraine Colson earlier this evening informing me that our friend, Tony, died this afternoon. Sadness precludes further comment.

Respectfully,

Wild Card

sad news indeed

He was a gentleman and will be missed. He was a great collector.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. He was a friend and mentor to many of us.

Comment

That is truly sad news... Tony will be missed.....

Comment

A true loss to our collecting community. My prayers go out to his family.

Comment

Sad News

Terrible news! He was one of the people who made this site so great.

Comment

I am deeply saddened to receive this news. I had the pleasure to obtain some super veteran badges and stikpins from Tony earlier this year. His knowledge and friendship will be fondly remembered and truely missed. My thoughts and best wishes to his family. Mike

Comment

I am beside myself - I had just seen him in the hospital. He was a rock...

For those of you who did not know, he was a professional intelligence officer and I worked with him for some years. He defended the free world for many years.

Marc

Comment

Tony was a great collector, a great man and mainly a great friend!!!!

My thoughts are with Lorraine and his family!!!

Heiko

Comment

I never had any contact with Tony, I only read his posts here. But I am still saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his wife and family.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

My god,

before I went to Bosnia in may we spoke that he will visit me in october.
                      With him a very good friend, a Gentleman, a great Collector passed away.
                      My prayers to Lorraine and the Family.

Daniel

Comment

I knew Tony for nearly 15 years. He had several nice items from my collection and I have several from his - but the best of our collections were the wonderful conversations on life and philosophy we shared with one another. The hobby was nice but our mutual experiences, our 'war stories' and our respect for each other far exceeded the collecting world. Tony, old sport, I'll catch that beer with you one day.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family.
                          Maysa and Otto

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X