Navy Ribbon Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy Ribbon Bar

What do you think of this? Can anyone name the awards?
    Marc

1.) ek II 1914
    2.) bavarian MVO with swords 4th class
    3.) white falcon 2nd class with swords and crown
    4.) mecklenburg merit cross
    5.) schlesian eagle
    6.) reuss
    7.) waldeck
    8.) hessen bravery medal
    9.) hamburg hanseatic cross
    10.) austrian bravery medal
    11.) frontfighters cross

Comment

Number 3 is hard to tell maybe Saxon The White Falcon is #4.

Comment

Ehh...I'm probably wrong on this, but I'll take a stab at it: my guess for the Waldeck ribbon is a Verdienstmedaille with swords, but am just not sure of the grade...less likely, this might be one of the lower classes of the Verdienstkreuz--possibly 3rd or 4th class.

Nevertheless, nice bar though...12 of anything is hard to come by; wouldn't mind seeing the 'big' version, if it still existed...

Comment

hy chris, you are correct (missed the 3) - its most probably an albrecht order with swords.

Comment

couple of things

Third ribbon is assuredly Saxon AORwX with typical fading pattern.
            I've seen the back, very crudely done, almost too crude.
            Mounting precedence is definately not regulation for post 1935.
            Very, very odd for an officer to have NO long service award post-1935.

I'm not 100% sure of the authenticity of the piece. if I was, I would have hopped on it instantly when I saw it. if it's bad, the price way exceeds the value of the parts.

Comment

Stogieman - that was exactly my thinking though I was not sure. When I saw it I said - yowser, gotta get it. But after looking closely I backed away. Tony Colson always said to me if you have a modicum of doubt, bet to just set it down and walk away...
              Marc

Comment

well....

.... if it's an instant decision, I would agree. But something like this bears some examination and thought. If it proves to be OK, it's a steal. if bogus, a bad deal for sure!

Comment

well....

... after looking this over all weekend and seeing some additional pictures of the bar from the seller, I would have to say that it's probably real, but it's in the "ugly" category. The catch is massively repaired and re-sewn, the Silesian Eagle is way out of precedence. there's other problems, but it's probably a real bar. if you were buying this to own forever, go for it. if you ever have any intentions of trading/selling it, you'll have an awful lot of 'splainin' to do and that may just make it not worth the effort.

Comment

Hmmm...

Would looove to see the backing. From the front I have a medium to good feeling.
                    I think no chance for navy. This looks more like a General Staff young Captain in charge that his overaged recalled Division Commander does not do too many mistakes.

The combo SHOULD be traceable if real.
                    Bavarian / Saxon / Waldeck rolls are around and with lot of time You can do cross checks of all that lists for a 1914 older 1st Lt who retired after WW1 as Captain or Major in whatever General staff.
                    The missing long service award is not a problem. Not enough time in for a Prussian XXV and maybe wearing whatever but no military uniform in the late 30ies.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X