Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Badges or Plaque

Hello Chaps

Please can you help me to identify these to Plaques?

They look spanking new with a makers mark on the Back and I have no clue what they are

Regards
    Andreas
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier
      Hello Chaps

Please can you help me to identify these to Plaques?

They look spanking new with a makers mark on the Back and I have no clue what they are

Regards
      Andreas
      Andreas,

They are, or course, not real, but they might make a nice wall decoration!

The one on the left represents the breast star to the Iron Cross. For the 1914 Iron Cross there was only one awarded, to GFM von Hindenburg. The only other breast star to the Iron Cross was awarded in 1815 to GFM Prince von Blucher.

The one on the right represents the breast star of the Prussian Order of the Black Eagle.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help Mike

These Plaques will go straight to the E-Stand now

Regards
        Andreas

Comment

Ic

The official name of the Hindenburg award was, if I recall correctly the Grosskreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes mit Goldenen Strahlen

Comment

Thanks for the advise..pity they are not real.
            does any of you have the real one to show?

regards
            Andreas

Comment

Andreas,
              Here is my high quality museum copy made before WW2. The EK is a real one and the star is solid gilt silver. The back has been hand finished and the piece is relatively heavy. There is a mark on the pin and I think it ie the Meybauer mark. The original Blucherstern was destroyed in a fire and the replacement was stolen from the Berlin Zeughaus in 1945. Hindenburg had two, one he gave to one of his aides and the other was purchased by a collector from the then East Germany. One of these may show up eventually. Here is the obverse,

Comment

Looks good doesn't it. This is as close as any working man is going to get. Here is the reverse,
                Dan Murphy

Last edited by Daniel Murphy; 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

The piece is made so that it can be taken apart and cleaned. As you can see, it has never been cleaned, and I am not about to start. The cross is not a standard screwback, it is specially made for this star. This has only been apart twice, when I first got it and now, for your viewing pleasure. I acquired it at one of the Baltimore MAX shows and have never seen a nicer one.

Comment

Very nice piece Daniel I've enjoyed your pictures very much. Thanks for posting.

And thanks for giving Background Informations about this very rare Award.

Regards
                    Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X