WW1 German Rumpler Aircraft part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 German Rumpler Aircraft part

Here’s an interesting item that recently showed up at a "Thrift Shop" in Texas.

I at first thought the "CIV" in the description of the airplane shot down stood for "CIVILIAN" but based on the result of a Google search it’s apparent it should have been "C.IV" for model C version IV (4). It’s a cool shark looking airplane.

He’s a link to the picture and information. http://www.tayyareci.com/digerucakla.../rumplerc4.asp

It would make an interesting story of how it got from France to Canada to Texas….

Any comments on best way to market the item, ebay or, value??

Rumpler Part

Rumpler part
    Attached Files

Comment

Rumpler Tag

Rumpler tag
      Attached Files

Comment

Most likely from the FA 46b aircraft of Uffz. Robert Faber (P) and Ltn.d.R. Paul Pietzsch (O), who were KIA on18Oct18 at Bannoncourt which is just slightly South of St. Benoit-en-Woevre. Probably the battery C.O. (Brush) took the part home with him. FWIW. R.

Comment

C.A.C. could also translate as U.S. Coast Artillery Corps. These troops were used in France to man some of the big railway and other heavy guns. And not just along the coast, wherever such guns were used. I believe this is the most likely scenario. Of course they would have had AA guns to protect the big guns and their ammo dumps from air attack. Best way to market it? Figure out what part it is and then sell it to me
          Dan Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Duiven
            Most likely from the FA 46b aircraft of Uffz. Robert Faber (P) and Ltn.d.R. Paul Pietzsch (O), who were KIA on18Oct18 at Bannoncourt which is just slightly South of St. Benoit-en-Woevre. Probably the battery C.O. (Brush) took the part home with him. FWIW. R.
            Rick,

I purchased this from TexasUberAlles and will add it to the next update of The Aero Conservancy web site. Can you tell me your source for the Faber/Pietzsch information? Do you know from that information that they were flying a 2 seater of is the info specific to a Rumpler C.IV? I have not find the part on the C.IV drawings and photos which i have access to - there were several variants, as you likely know. I can find very little on FA 46b, any sources you know of would be really appreciated.

Charley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X