Medal Bar Value Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Bar Value Help

I have a 3x medal bar with a 1914 EK II, The War Merit Cross with swords and a 25 year Nazi Party Faithful Service. The EK is mint as is the 25 year. Any ideas of approximate value? Am I taking my girlfriend to the Ritz, or Burger King?

Thanks

Adam in Silesia

Originally posted by redfaced
    I have a 3x medal bar with a 1914 EK II, The War Merit Cross with swords and a 25 year Nazi Party Faithful Service. The EK is mint as is the 25 year. Any ideas of approximate value? Am I taking my girlfriend to the Ritz, or Burger King?

Thanks

Adam in Silesia
    Burger king.
    $200 (+/-)

Comment

..that's about 100 pounds. That is Burger King and maybe a a trip to a nice pub!! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Thanks
        Adam in Silesia
        Adam,

I gave you a "guesstimate" without seeing condition...your "MINT" might be different from mine or any one elses and no one can give a definitive price for a piece without seeing it.

It may bring more if it is as nice as you think it is...put it on the estand and roll the dice.

Comment

war merit cross= KVK or HK?

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
            war merit cross= KVK or HK?
            I was assuming he knows the difference between the honor cross/Hindenburg cross and a KVK.

Comment

No HKx and probably an assembled bar. value =@$100.

Comment

Sorry!

It is a HK with swords. So that is a EKII, HK with swords and a 25 year Faithfull Service. I have seen one on the net or 230 US Dollars!
                The EK is particularly nice, not one bit of rust and a nice patina!

Comment

It is a HK with swords. So that is a EKII, HK with swords and a 25 year Faithfull Service. I have seen one on the net or 230 US Dollars!
                  The EK is particularly nice, not one bit of rust and a nice patina!
                  That is more plausible, but lowers the value...maybe (=/-) $125 -$175.

In regards to prices on "the net", if you see it there for a certain price it means a couple things...either (a) it is priced fair and sold and the site administrator has yet to remove it, or (b) it is over-priced and sitting there until some sucker buys it or the price is lowered. Just because someone lists something online for a price, doesn't mean that is what its value is. Even if it does sell at a certain price it does not mean that is "market value", only that someone purchased it at that price.

It looks like it will be Burger King after all....sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X