X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holy Grail Club

I would like to formally request membership in the "Holy Grail Club"
    Here is my application----
    A 1813 EK2, 3 piece construction, stepped core(cracked),with a nice length of period ribbon.
    I had Detlev Niemann take a look at it. He said it is most likely a 1815 issue piece that has been period repaired--aprox. 1830.
    Enjoy-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gregM; 03-04-2007, 03:02 PM.

Here is the reverse.
    A big thank you goes out to Detlev and Marshall and to the Ebay seller
    (that's right-Ebay) who help me put this deal together. Thanks guys
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW! EBAY!?!? Who woulda thunk...actually I remember the seller and his small group of items. Very nice!
      Marc

Comment

Originally posted by gregM
        Here is my aplication----
        A 1813 EK2, 3 piece construction, stepped core(cracked),with a nice length of period ribbon.
        I had Detlev Niemann take a look at it. He said it is most likely a 1815 issue piece that has been period repaired--aprox. 1830.
        Enjoy-
        Dear Greg,
        I'm not worth to look at this beauty!...i love it...and i'm PAB'oholic...but i love it...
        Ps. congratulations!

Comment

WOW Greg! Thats very unique! Congrats!

Comment

Greg,
            That is a beauty. I thought it was real when I saw it. Any idea who got the EK1? Or the item with the family crest on it? I thought I had a picture of it, but I do not. Perhaps the seller still has a pic. If you can get one, you might be able to identify the original owner.
            Dan Murphy

Comment

I would like to formally request membership in the "Holy Grail Club". Here is my aplication----A 1813 EK2, 3 piece construction, stepped core(cracked),with a nice length of period ribbon. I had Detlev Niemann take a look at it. He said it is most likely a 1815 issue piece that has been period repaired--aprox. 1830.Enjoy-
              Membership granted!

Congratulations Greg - I'm pleased it found a home with you...

In hindsight, while I knew the 2nd class to be real (I have one the same from Detlev...), it might also have been worth the Euro 2,500.00 to take a chance on the 1813 EK1 he also sold.

Here is a pic of that 1813 EK1 he offered for Daniel... and again, my congrats Greg. Glad to help.

Marshall
              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the club, Greg!
                George

Comment

Welcome Greg!

Now you need an EKI and a prinzen.

Tony
                  An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Your membership request has been review'd by "the board" and you are here by accepted to the Holy Grail Club. Please fill out the addition paperwork for access to your own parking space just outside the club-house.

Good show Greg!
                    Antti

Comment

Thanks guys,
                      When do I learn the secret hand shake and what about the decoder ring?

Comment

Hi Greg,
                        very nice indeed
                        Ashley

Comment

Wiener. However, in this house, "wiener" is actually a compliment. I shall never have one. Kibel is too expensive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X