"Mysterious" Medal Bar for Werner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mysterious" Medal Bar for Werner

This was just sent to me. Not mine, alas! I haven't even seen it myself, as I download it for Werner to play Identify The Owner like we've been fdoing over in the new Collections/Individual Research Forum. All I know is this is all nice Imperial stuff and none of that nazty zinky stuff.

Hi Rick,

what a beautiful bar of a Major/Oberstleutnant, but I think never to be indentify..... or do you have some mor einformations????? you little devil

Werner

Comment

Because it is Christmas week, I will have pity.

The bizarre "Verdun" bar stuck on there is a "trick."

The owner was in the NAVY. Too bad the Liakat MEDAL was taken off the end, because the sabers bar is REAL GOLD.

This isn't mine, just posted for the owner, since I have nothing with which to counter-tease you!

Comment

Hi Rick,

it's a hard search - is he a member of the HABICHT in 1904 or of the marine-Infanterie?????

Here is a bar for you - the gold liakat-medal is missing, too - I don't wish that you are bored.

Werner
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Werner, that must have been the rare Solid Platinum Finnish 1918 campaign medal that got plucked of, eh?

God, the things people do to medal bars!!!!

I'm booked today for Stogie-Rick's "Who Am I?" ribbon bar. That and a really vicious and pointless catfight in Kneipe.

Comment

I guess we know know who the owner was that sent the medal bar image to Rick. I saw this medal bar on Detlev's update yesterday (for quite a few euros, I might add).

Whats' the scoop with the Verdun bar? Were these things "official" issue? I don't think I've seen these before. How common are they?

Regards,
            Brian
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice medal bars, but now I'm a little confused. On the first
              bar, the RAO is behind the Hindenburg cross. On Werners bar the RAO is ahead of the Hindenburg cross. Are there swords
              on Werners RAO that I'm not seeing?

Also, I'm not familiar with the foriegn awards on Werners bar.
              Could someone name them?

Thanks, PaulHD

Comment

Yup, "secret's" out!

The bar some dimbulb jammed on for no reason whatsoever on God's green earth was one of the dozens made about 1930 for the KyffhÀuserbund WWI Medal.

Technically, after 1935 all German Imperial peacetime awards were supposed to be AFTER the Hindenburg Cross. In practice, many of the Old Boys (especially the retired CIVILIAN Old Boys no longer subject to military regulations--though even the still active duty officers were not all compliant) did as they pleased, because they valued their decorations more than the political emphasis of the new regime.

On Werner's bar:

After the 1897 Centenary Medal (his wearer going for the Reichs/Prussian Awards First precedence, ignoring the Nazi "Imperial Orders" rules partially) is a Saxon Albert Order-Knight 1st, than an Italian Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus, an Ottoman Silver Imtiaz Medal with sabers Bar, an Ottoman Silver Liakat Medal (missing) with sabers Bar, a Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty 2nd Class Military (1918 issue), and a 1918 Finnish War of Independence Medal (missing).

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the explanation. I can see why they would be more proud of an RAO 4, than a Hindenburg Cross.
                  On a personal collecting note, I've grown quite tired of
                  Hindenburg Crosses. They are just too comon, and a 3 Reich award anyway.

Regards, Paul

Comment

does any of you know for how much detlev offerde konteradmiral victor reclams medalbar?
                    i've forgotten to add it in my database.
                    thanks a lot christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X