Third Reich-era replacement right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich-era replacement right?

The reason I think this is the appearance of the catch. It bears the Meybauer mark and 800 silver content mark. The wider frame and the catch make me think not WW I production. Am I correct?
    Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:39 PM.

reverse

Comment

mm and '800'

Comment

Imperial Quest,
        I does appear to a very nice quality EK. The Pin and catch do not appear to be right for Meybauer. It is possible that it was made in the 20's-30's, but most made during that time are of lesser quality due to the depression. i.e. silver plated or nickel silver frames. Personally, I believe that the cross is WW1 but perhaps the pin and catch were damaged. They were then replaced by another maker than Meybauer and that this work was well done. If you do not like it, you could send it to me. I always have room for one more.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Murphy
          Imperial Quest,
          I does appear to a very nice quality EK. The Pin and catch do not appear to be right for Meybauer. It is possible that it was made in the 20's-30's, but most made during that time are of lesser quality due to the depression. i.e. silver plated or nickel silver frames. Personally, I believe that the cross is WW1 but perhaps the pin and catch were damaged. They were then replaced by another maker than Meybauer and that this work was well done. If you do not like it, you could send it to me. I always have room for one more.
          PM sent ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X