Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the 1870 EK's?

OK all,
    Except for the wiederholungspange, I have not seen any 1870's posted lately. I will start off with a sorry medal bar I got some years ago. This is how I got it and before it was restored .

The seller was kind enough to supply me with replacement ribbon, but I was lucky enough to be able to restore it using the original ribbons. Not too shabby for a Private.
    Last edited by Daniel Murphy; 09-11-2005, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Here are the owners militar pass and travel pass. Kannonier Severin Maier 3rd Light Battery 14th (Baden) Field Artillery. Class of 1869.

Comment

Here are the entries from his Militar Pass for the battles he served in. This guy got around.

Comment

And the decorations are listed as well.

Comment

And last but not least, his EK document. It is in poor condition from being carried by the original owner who glued another piece of paper to the back to preserve it. This grouping came out of the woodwork in South Carolina a few years back. The old gent or his family must have come over sometime after the war. Who says nothing good comes from ebay! Seriously, I have this displayed under glass with and acid free paper backer under it. If someone knows of a better way to preserve this please send me a PM. Dan

Comment

That is a fantastic grouping Daniel... the 1870 militar pass is indeed a rarity!

I have this small grouping to a Württemburg banker - Wilhelm Jeremias... also his Centenary document but no Cent. medal...

Marshall

Comment

Here's the hardware....
                Attached Files

Comment

And a Godet marked EK1... a hook missing and a replacement pin... but a nice period EK1 nonetheless.

Marshall

Comment

Marshall,
                    Great pieces, your document is in much nicer condition than mine. And to have a photo of him wearing the exact EK is fantastic. Super mini too. One day I will have an 1870 EK1. Same old story, when you have the cash you never see one and when you see one, you don't have the cash. I would like to get a Wagner but a Godet would be even better. I have a saved photo of a Baden police officer wearing a medal bar just like that, but I have no idea if it is him. I would like to think so though.
                    Daniel Murphy

Comment

Great stuff guys! I especially like the Baden grouping with the militar pass. I don't think I've ever seen such an old militar pass from that state..
                      Here is my lonely 1870ek2.
                      Attached Files
                      Antti

Comment

Here is my other piece. This is a KO marked example from turn of the century.
                        Daniel Murphy

Comment

Here is a buttonhole mini from a vet of the 1866 and 1870 wars.

Comment

And an enameled non combattant mini. This one is the same on both sides. I am done now.

Comment

Here ia a wideframe EK2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X