Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swords

These came in a junk lot of misc Imperial things off ebay a couple of years ago. They look Saxon to me but I can't figure out what award they must go to. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    pseudo-expert

Don,
    Looks like Hohenzollern Swords. Maybe a Honor Cross 3rd Class or Knight's Cross with Swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
      These came in a junk lot of misc Imperial things off ebay a couple of years ago. They look Saxon to me but I can't figure out what award they must go to. Thoughts?
      Weird, the swords are only partially complete in the back, suggesting they were designed to fall over the cross arms (or something mounted inbetween the crossarms), rather than inbetween the cross arms, as is usually the case. What are the dimensions? Could they be for a breaststar rather than a cross?

Comment

I thought it would be for a Albrecht Order 2d class. I have one that someone took the swords from years ago. They don't fit. The gap on the swords on the reverse look to fit a wide wreath. Perhaps a Saxon Ernestine Houseorder Knights cross?
        Attached Files
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by GRB View Post
          Don,
          Looks like Hohenzollern Swords. Maybe a Honor Cross 3rd Class or Knight's Cross with Swords.
          I tend to agree. Either this or something similar looking for the reason that GDC26 stated: the swords are designed to surmount a wreath and be held in place with the pressure from the central medallion.

HOHP.jpg
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post

I tend to agree. Either this or something similar looking for the reason that GDC26 stated: the swords are designed to surmount a wreath and be held in place with the pressure from the central medallion.

HOHP.jpg
            That makes a lot of sense,

Comment

What is the diameter of the core cylander?
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                What is the diameter of the core cylander?
                I don't own that pice, but your swords would have to be for a different construction type because the cylinder would not work with these particular cross arms as far as I can see. It was just an example of similar swords with a wreath.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X