Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the 2nd and 3rd medals on the bar

Hello:

Can you help me out identifying the second and third medals on this mans medal bar? Apparently he might have been a medic and the second medal looks like it might be Rotes Kreuz related but does not seem to be the Prussian one since that had crowns at the end of the arms of the cross.and the arms of the cross in this medal bar go almost to the edges. The third medal I thought might be the Ehrendenkmuenze des Weltkrieges but I don't think that ribbon is the same. Given his age it may be pre-WWI.

I am also posting in the Freikorps section to see if they can tell me more based on what little is on the uniform.

Thanks
    Curt
    Attached Files

Could #3 possibly be the China service medal? or maybe even
    more likely, the Legion of Honor medal?
    Last edited by gregM; 08-15-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

The second medal looks like the Prussian Red Cross Medal.

Comment

Red cross 2d class and German Honor Legion.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

thanks for all the feedback and I am a little embarrassed since the Prussian Red Cross 2nd class and the Legion of Honour medals are exactly the ones I didn't think they were for the reasons I gave. Oh, well, my own fault.

Curt

Comment

Those are the most logical matches based on the photo posted. If you could enlarge the medal bar we could be surer.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Don:

I did my best but it's not very clear. Appreciate everyone's help. The Red Cross medal does look more like it has crowns at the end of the arms - not as straight as it first looked.

Curt
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X