Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trench art opinons

i Would your opinions on this item please

This isnt in my posestion yet but will be in a few days as part of a deal I'm doing, its described as

German artillery shell. It measures approx. 9 inches in height with a 3 inch diameter. The base of the shell is marked; "JUN 1917" and "HL over number 35". Has a Baden frontplate welded to front

pics below
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

With most of these pieces, it is pretty much impossible to determine if this is an actual "trench art" or homefront-made or a "tourist" piece made post-1918. Nice piece nonetheless.

Comment

craigob,
        Nice period piece. I have been looking for one like that for a while. I have seen a few in collections, but none on the loose. The patina around the griffin shows it has been there for a very long time. Probably made by a soldier as the helmet plates were a prized souvenir.

Daniel Murphy

Comment

It is made out of a shell case for the 77 mm Feldkanone 96. I like it!

Comment

Thanks for the opinions, When It lands in my hands, I will prolly offer it for sale for the value that was part of the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigob
              Thanks for the opinions, When It lands in my hands, I will prolly offer it for sale for the value that was part of the trade.
              is this coming from a seller in Belgium?

Comment

Nope its here in the US?..

Comment

Craigob,
                  When you decide to part with it, I would appreciate a shot at it. Since no one else has spoken up, I thought I would. Thanks,

Daniel Murphy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X