e-bay Medal Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-bay Medal Bar

I wanted to get some thoughts on this bar, as I am attempting to learn all that I can on these. It looks like it has been messed with badly, and has the appearance of being taken apart, and then handed to a child for re-assembly. The thread used to stitch the backing is nice and clean, while the rest of the piece is soiled-not good. Additionally, the medal alignment (or lack thereof) is terrible, with no attempt at symmetry whatsoever. The "bows" on the reverse are not really bows, just poorly formed half circles. I think the order of the awards are right, but in the condition that this bar is in, it really doesn't matter much.

I would also like to ask- In the medal bar world, were there certain jewelers that would be considered as sloppy in their construction of the these bars in comparison to other jewelers, or were they all of the same caliber?
    Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM.

reverse
    Last edited by IMPERIAL QUEST; 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I just saw that bar myself. Try a black light on the back to see if the thread is of new vintage.
      Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko
        I just saw that bar myself. Try a black light on the back to see if the thread is of new vintage.
        Thanks for the reply Paul. I just pasted the picture here for comments. i am not going to pursue "cause I think it is uuuuuuuuuugly.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X