Nice little ribbon bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice little ribbon bar.

I just wanted to share one of my favorite ribbon bars here. Double marked 800. I purchased it from fellow member Mike Dunn and the photo is his; used with his permission of course! There is just something about enamel.
    Attached Files

Thats the first enameled bar I see. Very interesting!

Comment

Hi,

this is not a ribbon bar, it is a lapel pin.
      This enameled ones are quite rare.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Yes, extremely nice and glad it found a good home. I missed that one until it was too late! (It's Mike's eBay dealer name, it takes so looong to type, whine whine... )

A search on "enamel ribbon bar" here should turn up scans of the one I have, with a pin on back though surely also intended for civilian lapel wear.

Comment

Wups, nope. Couldn't find it. Here it is, again maybe--
          Attached Files

Comment

reverse side, with latching pin
            Attached Files

Comment

It's got a safety type catch at the end-- here open
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's another enamel bar, my first, that just arrived today from "Da Man" in H'burg.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here it is with a fugly, probably homemade, matching medal bar for size comparison. The backing on the medal bar appears to be from a uniform sleeve lining.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The enameled miniatures....

... for the lapel are rare rare rare. But enameled ribbon bars (full-size) are exceptionally rare. I know there's some members out there that could share some of these little gems... how about it guys, enamel???

Comment

I don't remember where I saw it, so I can't really say if it was one of these bars on display or not, but the only one of these that I've ever seen just happens to be the same EK / Hamburg Hanseatic Cross combo. Interesting coincidence...

--Chris

Comment

Here is an updated picture of my little collection. Thanks to a few of you it has grown into a nice little group. I would love to see a picture of a full size bar done this way. I have a picture on another computer that shows a lapel bar like these but much larger with minis on it!!! One of the neatest pieces of militaria I have ever seen. I will try to post it soon.

Chet
                        Attached Files

Comment

great collection!!!!!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X