Imperial k.u.k. Austro-Hungarian Training Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial k.u.k. Austro-Hungarian Training Manual

Hi Guys, I just got in this original Austro-Hungarian Army Training Manual from 1917 with suplmentary insert for an improvment on the model from 1918 . The manual is for the 10 Tonne TITAN type winch for Artillery and Engineers. Really scarce manual. The instruction pages are like hand written printing and most importantly, there are a total of 12 of a total of 16 folded illustration plates on the use of the winch in the back of the manual. Just have a look at the quality of the illustrations that went with this manual!!! The illustration plates are of differing size, but I think that the sample pics will give you a pretty good idea of what they are like. The supplementary manual inserted also contains a large number of illustrations. The manual is softback and has a total of 35 numbered pages + illustration plates and the supplement has a total of 8 numbered pages. It measures 8" x 5".

Now, what I would really like to know is if anyone out there has more of this series of manuals??...I believe that these are from a series of k.u.k. manuals...Cheers, Torsten.

PS: If you would like to see more pics of this one then please let me know and I'll post more...hope this is of interest to others??
    Attached Files

pic2

Originally posted by torstenbel
    Now, what I would really like to know is if anyone out there has more of this series of manuals??...I believe that these are from a series of k.u.k. manuals...Cheers, Torsten.

PS: If you would like to see more pics of this one then please let me know and I'll post more...hope this is of interest to others??
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3...

Attached Files

Comment

pic4...

Attached Files

Comment

pic5..

Attached Files

Comment

pic6...

Attached Files

Comment

pic6...
              Torsten,

I'm especially pleased to see that unlike modern military manuals of today (espcially US Army manuals ), where they pick only the most perfect physical specimens to appear in the pictures, this last drawing shows one fellow who's a little bit "rounder" than his fellow soldiers and they're not all wearing their uniform caps at the same perfect, regulation angle either!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dwyer
                Torsten,

I'm especially pleased to see that unlike modern military manuals of today (espcially US Army manuals ), where they pick only the most perfect physical specimens to appear in the pictures, this last drawing shows one fellow who's a little bit "rounder" than his fellow soldiers and they're not all wearing their uniform caps at the same perfect, regulation angle either!
                Mike, I can see what you mean... and I had not thought about these illustrations in that way before... I was/am most intreged by the high quality of these illustrations ... to think that this was only the manual for a mere rope winch???....Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X