This bar does not make sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bar does not make sense?

I think the Prussian 25 LSC does not belong on this bar. There is no Red Eagle Order or Prussian Crown Order and only a 1914 EK2. He was could have been er a real screw up and did not get the RAO and PKO but then how did he last 25 years. The last medal on the right is the Bulgarian Military Order for Bravery Cross 2nd Class in Gold, Type II with 1915 date. Also only a War Merits Service Cross for WW2. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Hi Paul, this is a wild-assed guess, but I would suspect with only a WMCM on the bar and no other German bravery awards other than the EKII that someone probably replaced a 25 Year Civil award with the Prussian LS award. You never say never, but I agree that it looks out of place.

Don
    Last edited by DonC; 07-15-2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I just had a thought. Maybe the RAO and/or PKO are around his neck rather then on the bar. Too bad that there is no way to trace the 1915 Bulgarian award. I wonder if the Bulgarian award is for EM or officer.
      Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

I don't think one had to have an Order of the Crown or Red Eagle 4th class. Those did not come outomatically. One had to be suggested to get those.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this one at all. A definetly possibel combination.

Comment

hmmmm...

...as I remember, Rick L. had a thread about 15 year LS crosses on medal bars to bumped up LtdRs who were navy NCOs or Feurwerks types and made officers upon demobelization in 1919. Thus, upon being made redundant, they got social prestiege and an officers' LS medal, but no imperial orders.
          Also, he has an article called "TARDIS" regarding time in about these types of Long service anomalies somewhere out there in cyberspace.
          see a related thread:
          http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...+officers+1919

Comment

Isn't it strange to have the Honor Legion medal alongside the Hindenburg?

Comment

@1935/early 1936

There was @ 15 months between the promulgation of the Hindenburg cross (1934) and the banning of other veterans medals (1935). The vets' medals ban was sometimes ignored-but there's enormous photographic evidence that it was overwhelmingly obeyed after 1937. It would be unthinkable in regular military bars, but I've seen SA reserve pictures from 1934/35 with both medals being worn. After that and some Maiflower was sure to point out the lack of political adherence.
              It's certainly a "take a closer look at this medal bar" issue.
              This bar has some issues-the KVm medal indicating 1940 + manufacture, the Honor legion medal and the unusual LS medal. It doesn't mean it's a fake, as odd things happened, but I'm not comfortable with it, especially as it has a "teaser" foreign medal at the end-which 'Bavarian' fakers have loved to add to remade bars.

Comment

Originally posted by medalnet
                I don't think one had to have an Order of the Crown or Red Eagle 4th class. Those did not come outomatically. One had to be suggested to get those.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this one at all. A definetly possibel combination.
                You are correct. Here's my bar with a 25 LSC with no RAO or PKO.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yummy!

Hi Chris, I never get tired of seeing that bar! It's just an awesome piece.

Regarding the 25....... Paul, I think it's perfectly possible, sans RAO/PCO... unusual, you bet, but not unheard of.

Andreas, maybe a new article for your site??????

A search for the thread "Imperial Math" might get you to a 35 year old soldat w. 25 years LS!

Comment

The Bulgarian award was for enlisted men; officers received the Bravery Order.

My difficulty with the group is structural. It has tight ribbons up to the Bulgarian piece, which is far more "relaxed" than I'd expect. It's the tight ribbons that make me think of the tons of newly-mounted groups I'm seeing. Just a photo won't answer my concerns, but sloppy stitching would add to my negative vibes.

Comment

I'd say this bar is a repros, as:

1. Officers LS-Award with almost none WWI awards
                      2. Frontfighter cross and Ehrendenkmünze on one bar
                      3. the ribbon of the Bulgarian is not matching (blue and silver?)

One or two of this things may be possible, but not all three on one single bar, I'd say ...
                      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

I agree with saschaw! The bar is a repro. The awards should be original but never in this combination!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X