My Grand-Grand-Fathers Medals & Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grand-Grand-Fathers Medals & Orders

Here are the Madals of my Grand Grandfather Curt von Möllendorff.
    In 1901 to 1903 he was in Cameroon and for a while he was the commander of the Jaunde Station. in the moment I'm preparing a booklet with the Report he made for the officials with all of his Photograps. Very good, and sometimes funny pics. Like his natives in Sunday's Parade Dress, but no shoes.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic!

To have his medals, history and photographs is a spectacular achievement in this day & age of split/destroyed groups.

Comment

Originally posted by stogieman
        To have his medals, history and photographs is a spectacular achievement in this day & age of split/destroyed groups.
        I agree! Of all the fascinating things I've read on this forum, the ones I enjoy the most have been things where members have posted items that actually belonged in their family, medals, award documents, photos, etc. I find the medals that are traceable to a particular person nice too, but nothing is better than family items.

Comment

I looked in the Prussian Ranglists and I find 3 v. Mollendorff's in the Army. In 1902 one was stationed in Kamarun and did not have the PKO4. I checked my 1906 RL and found a v. Mollendorff with the Grenadier-Regiment Prinz Carl von Prussen Nr. 12. He has the PKO4 with a date of rank of 12.9.02. I will check further. In 1913 he also has the Johanniterorden.
          Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Outstanding family history!
            Curt v. Möllendorff, Hauptmann 27.10.10 C3c, not in 1914 RL. What happened? Did he die in 1913, just after receiving his colonial medal?

Regards
            Chris

Comment

No, He died in 1917, he is buried on the cemetary next to the candy bomber at Tempelhof Airport in Berlin.
              Originally posted by webr55
              Outstanding family history!
              Curt v. Möllendorff, Hauptmann 27.10.10 C3c, not in 1914 RL. What happened? Did he die in 1913, just after receiving his colonial medal?

Regards
              Chris

Comment

Great group.
                Any relation to the von Mollendorfs of the von Stauffenburg plot?

Comment

Not in a direct line, as I know.

Later this Day I post 2 pics in a new thread of another member of my family.
                  So Wait for it.
                  Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X