Saxony Veterans Association medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saxony Veterans Association medals

I work with a fellow who is a master 3 way trader and as such is always coming up with interesting stuff of all sorts. Those of you familiar with coins may know him, Colin Bruce. Last week he handed me a small collection of Saxon Veterans Assoc. badges that was collected by town name. Colin thought some of you might find these interesting and asked me to share them with you. The older ones are solid brass and marked "GLASER & SOHN DAMPFPRAGANSTALT DRESDEN-A BORNGASSE 3". The newer ones are thin sheet metal stampings some of which are marked "GLASER & SOHN DRESDEN" and others are unmarked. They seem to come with two ribbon variations but the more solid color ribbons may be unofficial replacements as these medals were proudly worn for a long time.
    Last edited by Fred Borgmann; 07-14-2005, 09:48 AM.

Originally posted by Fred Borgmann
    I work with a fellow who is a master 3 way trader and as such is always coming up with interesting stuff of all sorts. Those of you familiar with coins may know him, Colin Bruce. Last week he handed me a small collection of Saxon Veterans Assoc. badges that was collected by town name. Colin thought some of you might find these interesting and asked me to share them with you. The older ones are solid brass and marked "GLASER & SOHN DAMPFPRAGANSTALT DRESDEN-A BORNGASSE 3". The newer ones are thin sheet metal stampings some of which are marked "GLASER & SOHN DRESDEN" and others are unmarked. They seem to come with two ribbon variations but the more solid color ribbons may be unofficial replacements as these medals were proudly worn for a long time.
    Here are the scans, I hope. Fred
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fred Borgmann; 07-14-2005, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Borgmann
      Here are the scans, I hope. Fred
      The backs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting!

Hi Fred, very interesting. I would infer that the stamped ones are probably of later manufacture, ca. 1920's or so. There's a lot of these floating around, this organization was very prolific in its' "awards".

Comment

I would be particularly interested in the Zittau one...since I did 2 1/2 years army service in Zittau.. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X