Unknown Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Medal

Got this in a group of material from a local vet. Anyone know what it is?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by nutmeg
    Got this in a group of material from a local vet. Anyone know what it is?
    Never seen this before, but with the three crowns...could it be Swedish? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

anything on the reverse side?

Comment

the writing is in german so it should not be swedish, maybe some political thing (red = communist) ???

Comment

Originally posted by HeikoGrusdat
          the writing is in german so it should not be swedish, maybe some political thing (red = communist) ???
          Heiko, I don't think it is communist in any way...but what does 'Fest in rot" mean then???...because of the three crowns, I still suspect some Swedish connection here...the columned gate with the three crowns and waves underneath could have something to do with Stockholm???...but I am really just guessing this to try and stimulate the discussion.. .it would really be good to see the back of the cross....Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

"fest in rot" means very free translated as much as "loyality to red" "forever in red" "always in red" "red rules..." I don`t know how to translate it exactly, but "fest" was a common word in that times in germany, remember "in Treue fest" (very often used) which means "iron loyality (to the german fatherland and the emperor...)"

would be interesting to see the reverse if there are any marks - swedish or german...

Heiko

Comment

Not Swedish!

Greg

Comment

Are those the letters "SSK" in the center?

Comment

My initial reaction is that it's a fasching/society medal and the location would be determined by the identity of the gate or arms on the obverse.

Perhaps the "three crowns" are just bad representations of three figures atop the gate. If you look at a photo of the Brandenburg Gate, you'll see a similar pattern (although Brandenburg Gate has six columns and the figures on top are spread out more).

Comment

Maybe a "Freimaurer" decoration?
                    Almost the same than Fasching, but a little bit more political ...
                    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw
                      Maybe a "Freimaurer" decoration?
                      Almost the same than Fasching, but a little bit more political ...
                      I strongly believe it is Fasching/Mardi Gras/Carnival....

Comment

Guys, Thanks for the replies. No marks on the back at all. The letters in the Center seem to be "ST-B-K" Might be "Saint" something or other. Possibly a religous order of some kind?

Comment

PS- It is extremely well made and high quality and sturdy construction as you would expect in the best type of military decorations. .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X