This is a shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a shame

I am not sure that this is the proper forum to post this on but here goes: On Ebay go to item # 6543675444. This is a cross that is part of a 5 medal bar. There are two crosses on the bar that are rare(?) imperial era orders that this person has up for sale individually. There are both imperial and TR medals on this bar. He states that unless the same person wins both of the imperial orders he will break the bar up and sell the rest individually. Although I would love the TR medals I am distressed that such a piece of history would be destroyed. I don't know how rare this particular combination of awards would be but I would think it would be potentially traceable to the original owner. I can't afford these pieces and I honestly don't know their worth but I would hope that if they are worth the price that they are going for that one of our more well to do members would be interested in bidding on these pieces and saving it from being broken up. The seller was kind enough to e-mail me a photo of the complete bar so if anyone is interested in seing it please feel free to e-mail me and I will forward the pictures. I know I probably sound like someone from PETA soliciting donations but please, SAVE THE MEDAL BAR.

Mike Coleman

Hi Mike, I know nothing about Imperial Awards, but here is the link to the sale you mention which shows two of the medals this vandal is going to tear from the medal bar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Let us hope that the same buyer wins both auctions. At the moment the high bidder is the same on both.

Cheers, Ade.

P.S. Maybe this thread should be in Imperial to get a better coverage?

Comment

aaaarghhhh
      Last edited by heinrich66; 07-09-2005, 02:33 AM.

Comment

What a shame

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. This guy is obviously mentally defective...
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

This is what happens when the all mighty dollar prevails.... .
            Sincerely, Bill

Comment

Yes, except!

The bar as a whole is a sham. The actual bar he has is 1939 EK2, 1939 KVK2wX, East Medal and the 2 Mecklenburg pieces. An absolutely IMPOSSIBLE combination of awards. So, the 2 Imperial pieces look right, based strictly on the photos I saw. The Mecklenburg Orders have been heavily reproduced so I would NEVER be comfortable with authenticating a piece I have not had in my hands. At roughly $800+ for the RK of the Wendian Crown and $500+ for the RK of The Griffin Order, you are already beyond the reasonable value for these awards!

Comment

There you go

Well, there you go. I told you I didn't know doodly-squat about Imperial stuff. Sounds like much ado about nothing. But let it never be said I fear ignorance. I show mine at regular intervals ( if you don't believe me ask my teenagers ).

Mike

Comment

I thought I saw an eastern font ribbon poking out on one of those photots.

Eric

Comment

correct

The 3 TR medals were an EK 2 Schinkel, War Service w/swords and an Eastern Front.
                    Mike

Comment

well, I think you'll find that the eventual buyer of the two crosses is a member of this forum...lets see, if he comes to join this thread??...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Is it not posible to stop this madnes? Have anyone sent a pm through ebay to this gangster?

Cheers
                        Øyvind

Comment

Just saw now that the auction has endend

Øyvind

Comment

Originally posted by stogieman
                            The bar as a whole is a sham. The actual bar he has is 1939 EK2, 1939 KVK2wX, East Medal and the 2 Mecklenburg pieces. An absolutely IMPOSSIBLE combination of awards.
                            I agree and absolutely no problem or harm in breaking this one up ...it never belonged together in the first place... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel
                              I agree and absolutely no problem or harm in breaking this one up ...it never belonged together in the first place... Cheers, Torsten.
                              how do you know?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X