1870 EK Medal Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 EK Medal Bar

Here is my second non-combat 1870 EK group. RAO is in Gold and the 1866 is the very rare non-combatant. Question for my fellow members: Did this chap have a Prussian Crown Order Commander? A friend suggests a possible medical General officer. Opinions?
    Attached Files

Here is the first 1870 non-combat EK group I displayed sometime back. Only about 265 RAO's were awarded on the non-combatant ribbon for the wars of 1864 through 1870. Nice non-combatant 1864 campaign medal, a bit scarce as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

They are both superb Bobby Lee..!!

Congratulations - and nice to see a 'Godet' style EK2 on the 2nd bar (see the distinctive '7')

Wonderful.

Where do you get these?

Marshall

Comment

wow - great stuff, you leave me a bit jealous...

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. We in the American South have a saying that "Even a blind chicken finds a kernel of corn once in awhile" I think finding mounted non-combat 1870 EK groups is very difficult for this 'chicken'. It took 20 years after picking up the first to find and secure the second. Now, what is your opinion on the Crown Order question? I don't think the first bar is a General because of a lack of long service decoration but the RAO 3rd was not for junior officers. What say you?

Best regards,

Comment

Hey Bobby,

Didn't you show this one a while ago ??

In regards to the 'General Office' question...... what about a Medical General who was a reservist?? Did reserve officers get awarded the long service ??

Nice bar

Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Hi Mark and thanks for the reply. Reserve officers could receive a LS decoration. I did list a bar sometime ago that is close to the 1870 non-combat shown above but is from the 1914 period (shown here). It too has a EK on white ribbon and a RAO 3rd.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X