EK Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK Help

I bought an Iron Cross II (1914). I am very new to this hobby. I have one on a medal bar and it's genuine! Today I bought another one from the same man but the core is slightly different. The 1914 for example is slightly larger than on my other one - and appears to be closer to the base. Also, the oak leaves are less indented with the stalk being wider at the bottom. Do the cores differ by manufacturer??

Thanks Experts

Originally posted by redfaced
    Do the cores differ by manufacturer??
    Of course they do.
    There were that many manufacturers, that it isn't easy to get two identic ones!
    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Ok

I feel stupid now.
      Last edited by redfaced; 01-13-2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I feel stupid now. I live in Silesia, Poland so I'm very wary of getting fakes. Prudence does not always pay-off in Poland. Are 1914 three piece iron crosses (2nd class) being faked skillfully??
        I'll try and get a picture of it/them for scrutiny.
        Here's some previous forum discussions about fakes http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...e+Iron+Crosses

There may be more out there that's just what I found with a quick search.

Comment

Here comes another well known fake of an EK 1914. It appears also as First Class.

Best Franki
          Attached Files

Comment

Apologies...

Please forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell if it's a fake. Is it a 3 piece or a mould?

Comment

Please compare it with an authentic EK2 1914 and you will cognize a lot of differences regarding date position, shape of the cross....
              It is a 3 piece construction.

I have attached an photograhe of the reverse from the First Class Cross, as mentioned it has the same core as the depicted Second Class Cross.

Best Franki
              Attached Files
              Last edited by franki; 06-30-2005, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell if it's a fake. Is it a 3 piece or a mould?
                These are repros, I do also know them well ...
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X