place your wwI Flügeladjudant-pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

place your wwI Flügeladjudant-pictures

As I placed a photo of the Flügeladjudant to the German Crownprince Wilhelm a while ago, http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...von+M%FClnheim

I started a yahoo-group on the subject.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adjudanten/

I found this list of Flügeladjudante to the Kaiser Wilhelm, and was wondering if there would be any pictures of these men (just the Flügeladjudanten, not the General- and other officers) in any of your collection which you would like to post.

http://www.deutsche-kriegsgeschichte.de/milgef.html

Furthermore I would like to know what the position of the Major Holland was and what the k.w. abbreviation meant.

Any help appreciated!!

David M
    Last edited by David Müldner; 06-24-2005, 10:23 AM.

Royal Württemberg

Hi David,

kw = Königlich Württembergischer or Royal Württemberg. An officer from the Kingdom of Württemberg attached for service as an ADC to the Emperor and King of Prussia.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn2438
      Hi David,

kw = Königlich Württembergischer or Royal Württemberg. An officer from the Kingdom of Württemberg attached for service as an ADC to the Emperor and King of Prussia.

Regards
      Glenn
      Hi David,
      Are these of interest to this thread? No portraits, I'm afraid, but plenty of Flügeladjutanten neverhteless, I believe.
      Regards,
      GdC26
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,
        Are these of interest to this thread? No portraits, I'm afraid, but plenty of Flügeladjutanten neverhteless, I believe.
        Regards,
        GdC26
        Attached Files

Comment

They sure look great!!! Just sad that I cannot identify them...can you

Originally posted by GdC26
          Hi David,
          Regards,
          GdC26

Comment

Originally posted by David Müldner
            They sure look great!!! Just sad that I cannot identify them...can you
            Hi David,
            Not sure, but I think we have a few leads, because the pics are marked on the back.

The second pic is marked "Kais M in (....) 1912" (seems safe to assume this refers to the Kaiser Manouvers of 1912), the other has what appears to be two names in Sütterlin. Even with the handy chart in hand that figured on this forum some time ago, I have difficulty decyphering them, but perhaps others can help.
            Regards,
            GdC26
            Attached Files

Comment

I think it says Kaiser M in Sachsen, anyone agrees?

Originally posted by GdC26
              Hi David,
              Not sure, but I think we have a few leads, because the pics are marked on the back.

The second pic is marked "Kais M in (....) 1912" (seems safe to assume this refers to the Kaiser Manouvers of 1912), the other has what appears to be two names in Sütterlin. Even with the handy chart in hand that figured on this forum some time ago, I have difficulty decyphering them, but perhaps others can help.
              Regards,
              GdC26

Comment

Originally posted by David Müldner
                I think it says Kaiser M in Sachsen, anyone agrees?
                Which is undoubtedly short for Kaisermanöver, the annual big training exercises of the German army of that period.

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X