6 place medal bar - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 place medal bar - opinions?

Here a 6 place medal bar offered on Ebay.
    Do you think it's original?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...DME:L:RTQ:DE:1
    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

I would suggest that when you find a bar on an auction site like ebay that you consult a friend privately rather then post it on the forums for everyone to see. By posting it on the forums the price will be driven up. Just my suggestion.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko
      I would suggest that when you find a bar on an auction site like ebay that you consult a friend privately rather then post it on the forums for everyone to see. By posting it on the forums the price will be driven up. Just my suggestion.
      You might be right, but I don't think it will be different with my "friends" ...

Do you have an opinion on the bar?
      sigpic

Comment

i really don't like the way of mounting that much and the missing of the ek or another prussian bravery medal ...
        i wouldn't pay more than the price of all the single medals added together.

Comment

How many MIllion EK2 were awarded and this chap didn't get one??? That really seems a rarity to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Cole
            How many MIllion EK2 were awarded and this chap didn't get one??? That really seems a rarity to me.
            The EK II might have been worn in the buttonhole, might it not?
            I'm sure on this, but only it doesn't make the bar original ...

Here a picture of a guy (Stabsoffizier!) wearing no EK II on his nice bar, but in the buttonhole:

http://forum.sammlergemeinschaft-deu...tid=11228&sid=

I've even seen a picture of a Baden Officer wearing only two awards, despite he had at least five or six awards some days ago!
            sigpic

Comment

The EK by itself wouldn't be odd, but the fact that there are three other states represented but not Prussia, is.

Comment

not a chance!!

3 combattant and no EK2?? I don't think..........

flat bottom bars, flattened rear pin, wide brass catch...

not an encouraging combination of things.......

Comment

...and to add to my learned collegue's remarks the detail of the medals look soft where they should be sharp and crisp.

Comment

A good point.......

....... the pictures do look fuzzy, but that could just be his skills/camers.
                    However, a close look at the photo that shows a small section of the Brunswick EAK2 and I'll be dipped in you know what if that's an original cross. Very soft letters/numbers and every one I've ever handled was crisp and sharp.... there also looks like casting pocks in the back...

Comment

Many thanks for helping me ...
                      sigpic

Comment

his other things like the colonial badge or the U-boat badge are fakes as well....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X