Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German military lineage

Originally posted by Johann Anton
    I'm sure that there's a lot more German military lineage here...
    Well, unfortunatley, I don't have any "German" military lineage. But I do have some American military lineage of German origin through my mother's family. I belong to the Sons of the American Revolution because I am descended from Michael Krieger, born somewhere in Germany about 1718 and died in Marion, Virginia, USA in 1807. Even though he was an old man, he served in the Virginia Militia during the Revolutionary War (1775-1783).

Comment

That's awesome Mike. Doesn't need to be German. Everybodies lineage counts the same. On the other hand.........
      U HAVE KRIEGER BLOOD MAN!
      Last edited by Johann Anton; 06-19-2005, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I am very proud of my heritage, but my wife's beat's me:

She is a blood descendent of the Mayflower.

Next in line was killed in the Indian Wars of the 1600s in Masachusetts - but he lived long enough to continue the line.

As we go further down the line we have a Colonel in the Connecticut Militia. There is a statue to him in CT and he fought under Washington in NY.

His grandson was on Perry's ship that opened Japan. Later he left the Navy for the Army and he ends up in the Confederacy where he is cavalry in the Louisianna and Texas campaigns. He lives and moves to Mexico instead of living in the Union.

Another moves to Texas and is with Sam Houston in those battles.

On down the line is an American in the artillerey in WW1. I wonder if he shot at my family...

On that side of the family they don't make it to WW2, but on her mom's side her great-uncle is a Gebirgsjaeger from Bavaria.

There is a bunch more on the political side. I guess when your family starts on the Mayflower you end up being related to a whole lot of people. But the one bloodline fought in almost every seminal moment of American history...

Marc

Comment

summin up

Well as I see I meet some fellow-genealogists here as well:

I am related to the kurhessian General Karl Müldner von Mülnheim 1782-1863, Secretary of War (1830) and Aide to the Kurfürst (1821-1831). But we don't share any known common ancestors yet, so that probably goes back to the 1400s or so, however he and I are from the same town

kurhessian General Johann Philipp Bauer divisional commander, fought at Danzig (1813) held the CC of the Legion of honor, he is a greatgrandson of the second marriage of a hessian farmer and my greatgreatgrandfathers father's wife was from the first marriage.

The cousin of my greatgrandfather was the Marine Flugchef in WWI

And then I have a POW in Japan, who was in Tsingtau when the Nippon invaded....

but maybe with some of your help, I will be able to find some more, as all Müldner of the centre of Germany are related....

David M.

Comment

Hmm, I love all reading this!! I like the stories very much. I am also a bit in the genealogy but so far haven't found anything like yours (or at least nothing of importance , although I traced my fathers line back tot the 1760 and my mothers (Everaerts) to the late 1500.
            The earliest generations of both families were in the brewing business (so maybe I inherited something of them anyway ) and some agriculture on the side. Less were in the military; father of my mother was, two of his four brothers also (WWII), his father was like HIS brother also (WWI). One ancestor of my mother was in the Napoleonic army, don't know where of which unit exactly - something to find out still.

My genealogical hunting has been running low for the last couple of months, maybe even for a year, but reading all this wants me to dig again, and more!

Tnx for shearing gyus!!

Comment

That's great Marc. Johann 1st, top of this thread was also a meisterbrau. (master brewer). Comming from the hops capitol of the world, (Ingolstadt). One of the reasons that it's very cool to have 7 of his steins which he brought from Germany. (Probably one of the reasons he placed so much importantce on steins). I also have a few from USA, from several breweries where he worked. St. Louis, WWI era, and later Newark NJ.

Comment

...and one more for the road...

My ancestors lived in the area around Hoegaarden, you might know that troubled beer (and a good one by the way )

Recently found out that someone with the same name as my mothers (Everaerts) was a secretary in the belgian embassy in London during WWI, since I found really unexpectedly a document of a belgian refugee family signed by him... Like that 18th century ecclesiastical book I found on a flee market years ago - it was printed by an Everaerts in 1776 in Antwerp...
                Don't know (yet) if they are related though...

hmm, love this thread (although not much imperial anymore:S)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X