Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have i bought????

Hello,

i just bought this lot on ebay - the price was fair - my main interest was the fire service medal, but there're some imperial awards with it. What the hell are the 2 similar ones? (one is on the bar with the ic)

Possibly Kyffhäuser Vetearan awards?

Looks like the Kyf. device on one of them, & they are similar in outline to one in my collection, just that on mine the areas between the arms of the crosses are'nt completely filled.

Comment

I can't quite make them out. Can you enlarge it a bit?
      Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
        I can't quite make them out. Can you enlarge it a bit?
        Thanks,
        Hello,

click on the image to enlarge it.

Comment

Even enlarged it's hard to tell, but, yes, the one on the bar looks like aKyffhauser. It should have a black and white laddered ribbon. The one to the right of the bar is an Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer. Below the EK looks like a regimental medal. Below the Kyffhauser, possibly some kind of Kyffhauser watch fob? Lower right a veterans' organisation pin. From the ribbon colors probably Bavarian.

Comment

Hello,

it is 100% NOT the Kyffhäuser Verdienstkreuz 2.Klasse, it looks different. I would say it is some kind of a private "award" from a Schützenverein (gunners club...) or something like that, they often had ribbons like this, mostly green or green-white (the hunters colour). But the picture is really too small, maybe a close up of the cross?

Heiko

Comment

Definately a better photo of the cross, and even one of the ribbon, would be very helpful.

Comment

next to the fire badge and below the E

i think that's an anhalt frederick kreuz 2nd class.

joe

Comment

Post some better picts... Pay the $s and become a full member.. This is the best site on the net...BILL

Comment

Originally posted by joe campbell
                    next to the fire badge and below the E

i think that's an anhalt frederick kreuz 2nd class.

joe
                    No, it is a veteran decoration ("Kriegervereinsauszeichnung"), not a real order ...
                    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Hello,

thanks all for kind input. I'll post some better pics when the lot arrives.

Comment

The group finally arrived.

Comment

Interesting two-place medal bar with the Regimental Commemorative Award

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich66
                            The group finally arrived.
                            I could swear I've seen this things today's morning ...
                            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw
                              I could swear I've seen this things today's morning ...
                              You're right But my only interest was the fire service medal and so it went to ebay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X