Medal-Bar with Bavarian MVK 1st Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal-Bar with Bavarian MVK 1st Class

This is the bar from ebay which was discussed some days ago. The MVK ist marked "W. Co." for Weiss & Co.
    The EK is marked "K" and the FKK is marked "L. Nbg." which should be Ludwig Lauer, Nürnberg.
    Attached Files

Back:
    Attached Files

Comment

As far as I know this class of MVK was awarded to Offiziersstellvertreter and Feldwebelleutnants. Only about 700 (!) were awarded in WWI!

Comment

That is THE NICEST one I have ever seen! Congratulations.

The scan was perfect too... almost (almost!) as good as having the real thing!

Comment

Thanks Rick. Is it normal that the 1st Class cross is made of gilded Bronze? I can see it on the places were the swords are glued to the upper cross-arm to secure them. The enamelled medaillon is a little bit unfirm. I hope this cross wasn't gilt later by someone.

Comment

Nothing to worry about. Your MVK1X is as choice as they come. All is as it should be. Compare it with all the others scattered about here on MVK etc threads: yours is the nicest one!

Comment

aahh nuts that is one amazing group and its quiet annoying i couldnt get it but nice one major and super scans !!! il get one eventuly!!!(yep and there going to create 2000 jobs for pigs in the avation industre!! ) cheers for the scans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X