Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinische Hausorden, Knightscross 2nd Class with Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinische Hausorden, Knightscross 2nd Class with Swords

This is the second item I got from Zeiges "After-Auction-Selling". I wonder nobody placed a bid for this unbelieveable beauty! I got it for just 330 Euro. Made from silver with the medaillons in real gold. Just 980 of this medal were awarded in WWI!

Sorry for the big pictures!!!
    Attached Files

Back:

Very beautiful long (and original) ribbon included. There is a tiny damage to the enamel on the lower cross arm.

Comment

Closeup of the front:
      Attached Files

Comment

Closeup of back:
        Attached Files

Comment

And, what do we get?

A picture of the case! RK2, Peacetime!

Comment

How about............

...........First Class Case, Peacetime??

Comment

Jens,

Very nice indeed. Maybe wasn't sold during the action because on the catalogue there weren't any pictures and in the description was written that they were some "Emailchips".

Beautiful cross indeed. I have the same class but with "römischen Parierstangen". Which is more commun this latter one or your order here depicted? I noticed that also another couple of items weren't sold... like the EK 2.Kl. 1813 "Prinzengrösse". I am tempted to ask for better pics!

Very nice catch! I also liked the very nice and extra-long piece of ribbon you got together with the medal.

Congratulations.

Ciao,

Claudio
              Last edited by Klaus O.; 10-26-2002, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Nice find! Sometimes somebody has a luck!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

I wonder if the "S" hilts were 19th century (1870s?) or just a different maker than the normal "Roman" hilts type?

There were actually 980 of this Class awarded by Sachsen-ALTENBURG (160 of them to Saxon officers!), PLUS the same classes from Sachsen-Coburg-und-Gotha and Sachsen-Meiningen.

Here is a Frackspange with a unique combination attributable to the 80th Reserve Division, which had an infantry brigade from Sachsen-Altenburg (Reserve Inf Rgt 264) and Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Res Inf Rgt 266) and fought on the Russian Front.

Altenburg's WW1 rolls have been published by Michael Autengruber-- but alas there are about 30 Lieutenants (mostly der Reserve) from RIR 264 who could have had this group.

The SEHO is an extremely attractive Order, and its ribbon stands out in any German group.
                  Attached Files

Comment

"Roman" hilts

Hi Rick,

the "S" hilts were a different maker than the "Roman" hilts type. I don't know what's the normal one.

Do you know the Divison, Regiment of my bar?????

Werner
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey! How come everybody has "S" hilts except me? My "Roman" must be Very Rare and Worth A Lot More!!!

Yes-- 8th Infantry Division, which had Inf Rgts 93 (Anhalt) and 153 (Sachsen-Altenburg).

Rated "1st class" division by British intelligence, spent the entire war in France and Belgium.

So, your bar is like mine, any young Lieutenant in the regiment possible!

Comment

except you???? except us!!!!!

Hi Rick,

a Ernestiner with "Roman"-shilts definitely from Sachsen-Altenburg.

I bid 1 $ more for your "Roman"-shilts than for the "s"-shilts..

Best regards

Werner

o sheet, oncemore a cross from REUSS..........
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X