X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preussen Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz 1914

Hello guys!
    There are two opinions:
    1. This cross was made by S&L in the 60s.
    2. This is made by Godet 20-40s.

What is your opinion?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

As I wrote on ak-group.ru it is S&L cross from 50's-60's, and the one you showing from the book is also not a Godet, it has a Zimmerman type core and S&L frames,
      If I remember correctly Leroy has one exactly like it with mark "4".

Based on what author of the book decided it is a Godet?

Here is the picture of Godet GC.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alik, can you post a picture of the reverse of the Godet 1914?

The obverse looks like the real thing, unlike the example in the thread in post #1.

Comment

Here you go Gary, on picture in post 3 it is obverse next to the picture of the cross from 1915 Godet catalog.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the picture of both crosses next to one from Godet's 1915 catalog,
            And the one from that book doesn't look Godet to me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Geissler is heavily outdated source, about 10 years or so. It was at the time when I started collecting EKs. But even at that time, the thread starter type was considered on forum here to be a S&L product. It was just believed back then, that it had been produced in late interwar or WW2 era.

To me the picture from book looks like full S&L too. Zimmermann core, mainly on bad pictures, looks similar to S&L one, but there are some apparent differences - mainly the 8 in reverse date. Very thin and "over/under" on S&L, flat and very thick at the center on Zimmermann. Other differences are the size of letter W, of the crown and of the reverse leafs, together with position of the right leaf on reverse side.

Comment

Originally posted by AlikN View Post
                ... and the one you showing from the book is also not a Godet, it has a Zimmerman type core and S&L frames,
                Sorry, I made a mistake it was not a Zimmerman core, it's just a normal post '45 S&L core. Here is the picture side by side .
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AlikN View Post
                  Here you go Gary, on picture in post 3 it is obverse next to the picture of the cross from 1915 Godet catalog.
                  A question in passing, the cross in # 5 has only 2 acorns instead of 4?
                  Didn´t the GK always have 4 acorns?

Comment

Originally posted by Peterberger01 View Post
                    A question in passing, the cross in # 5 has only 2 acorns instead of 4?
                    Didn´t the GK always have 4 acorns?
                    Not always, more designs with four, but Godet and AWS only two, I don't think there were any regulations on how many acorns has to be on GC.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X