WW1 German Trench Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 German Trench Club

Hi. Not sure if this is in the right section of the forum.
    It is an unusual WW1 Imperial German Trench Club. It consists of a cast iron knobbly ball attached to a short length of steel cable, in turn finishing in an iron handle. The cable allows the club head to swing, increasing the strike force. There are a couple of similar examples in the Imperial War Museum in London, so was at least made in some numbers. There is evidence that there was 'elastoplast'-like tape marks on the handle.
    Regards
    John
    Attached Files

Thanks for showing these odd example.
    Are these legal to own in England?
    In Germany it´s a forbidden weapon because the steel cable increase the strike force.

Comment

That would certainly get the job done. In case you haven't already seen it there's one pictured in this article but it doesn't offer much more than a description.

https://www.bivouac.ru/2018/02/nemec...y-ch1.html?m=1

Certainly an interesting piece! Thanks for posting it.

Kirby

Comment

That's for showing us.
        I have never seen an example like this before.

Comment

Hi. Many thanks for your comments. I bought it years ago as a British WW2 trench club made by commandos from the hanging handle of London Underground Tube carriage (bought before the internet). Since the lockdown, I'm going through old stock and researching and nothing came up regarding a commando club. But a photo on image search confirmed it as German.
          Kind regards
          John
          As for legality. I believe in the UK it is ok to have, as it is officially an antique. As such I believe it can be sold.

Comment

Hi. Many thanks for your comments. I bought it years ago as a British WW2 trench club made by commandos from the hanging handle of London Underground Tube carriage (bought before the internet). Since the lockdown, I'm going through old stock and researching and nothing came up regarding a commando club. But a photo on image search confirmed it as German.
            Kind regards
            John
            As for legality. I believe in the UK it is ok to have, as it is officially an antique. As such I believe it can be sold.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X