A general's awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A general's awards

Imperial is not my forté, I'm hoping someone can help me identify the awards of this general. He was German and served in the Turkish army in WWI. I think I know that the neck decoration, star & sash are for the fellow the Order of Osmanieh.
    The second photo is a closeup of his decorations later in the war with a new neck decoration.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files

The first order on the medal bar is the order of the iron crown, the last one (the sixth) is the Bulgarian Order for Military Merit (4th or 5th) grade.
    The very top star (bottom photo) is this of the Bulgarian Order Of St. Alexander 1st grade w/o swords. The very bottom star in the same photo is the Turkish Osmanieh (probably 2nd grade to match the neck decoration in the first photo. In this same photo the white cross with swords is a rare decoration of Prince Albrecht and below it is of course an iron cross 1st class.
    That’s from first glance on my phone, good luck with the rest!

Comment

The first order is not the Iron Crown. It may be a Franz Joseph Orden, but the pic is too poor to be definitive.

Comment

Not a general. This is Fritz Joubert Duquesne, a Boer and German spy, in one of his outfits:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Joubert_Duquesne

Comment

Originally posted by webr55 View Post
          Not a general. This is Fritz Joubert Duquesne, a Boer and German spy, in one of his outfits:
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Joubert_Duquesne
          Good catch, saves us some time, as the whole array of decorations is cobbled up.

Comment

Thanks guys !

Comment

Can anyone tell me any more about the decoration of Prince Albrecht? I've been searching but not much out there. I think I've found that it was awarded in various grades to officers from the Kingdom of Saxony, but that's all I've got.

Comment

There are no Saxon decorations in this fraud's 'collection'.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X