Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engraved Meybauer EK1

Hello,

I wanted to share this Meybauer I just picked up. Also I want to thank gregM for letting me pick his brain a lot through PM lately. I nagged him a good bit about this cross and yet he very graciously answered all my questions and has been very helpful. Thank you Greg!

I ordered it from a dealer in Germany on the 1st of the month and just got it from the post office yesterday. Under the circumstance I didn't think the wait time was bad but I was getting nervous that it would get quarantined and/or disinfected with an aggressive oxidizer!

I'm really happy with it! It shows it's age, the pin is really loose and it looks like it it's been abused a little but that's the way I like them. Minty crosses are great but I like to see the wear and tear too!

I used to do metal engraving on the pocket knives I made so naturally I've always been interested in period engravings but never owned any until now. I know it's not the most elaborate engraving out there but its a start and nice to finally have something to study up close. Pics are great to look at but there's simply no substitute for having a piece in hand.

As always I value and appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Thank You,
    Kirby
    Attached Files

That's a real gem! Congratulations

Comment

Nice acquisition!
      Best,
      G.

Comment

A jewel.

Comment

Hi Kirby,

Very nice desirable Meybauer w/ a fine character commemorating a special date. Perhaps, an event during the Fourth Battle of Ypres 9-Apr. - 29 Apr. 1918 ??? 200,000 casualties.
          For me, the case does not belong w/ this cross, but never the less a period case.

Congrats !
          E.

Comment

That's a really nice cross.
            I'm glad I was able to help you out with it.

Comment

Nice one, and that's the sort of engraving I like to see.

Comment

that's a very large Meybauer logo on the back. Very interesting.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Love it , very nice. Rob
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by Erickn View Post
                    Hi Kirby,
                    Perhaps, an event during the Fourth Battle of Ypres 9-Apr. - 29 Apr. 1918 ??? 200,000 casualties.
                    For me, the case does not belong w/ this cross, but never the less a period case.
                    Congrats !
                    E.
                    Erickn,
                    You have a very good eye. The case and cross we're married at some point but they make a nice couple!

I would certainly like to believe the engraving has a connection to that battle. One will never know for sure but the best part of owning an engraved piece is exploring the possible connections.

that's a very large Meybauer logo on the back. Very interesting.

William Kramer
                    Hi Will,

I have not studied enough of them to make such a claim but I wonder if all crosses with the larger logo also have a silver content mark? See post 17 and for comparison the smaller logo is pictured in post 20.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Meybauer

Thank you all for the kind comments! .

Kirby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X