Imperial badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This piece was also posted time ago.
    This is more difficult because there is no Maybauer hollow navy observer known. The design suppose to be a Maybauer piece but the pin does not match. Hinge might be correct for this maker.

I know only one hollow Maybauer navy see pilot badge that I had in my hands and looked authentical to me. THis had the typical Maybauer hinge and pin combination and a nice authentic gilding.

But with all of these badges a judgement is only as good as the material that was inspected is. I can remember on the last to pictures not on the others.
    The close-ups looks promissing but the details are not very deep and the gilding is a bit odd.

Kind regards
    Alex
    Last edited by jaba-the-hunt; 03-07-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Do you removed the old threads from SDA?
      I pretty sure that both badges were posted on SDA some time ago. I loathe if posts are deleted because of desagree with the content.

Kind regards
      Alex

Comment

I have a Meybauer hollow marine observer in silver
        Ferg

Comment

Hello Alex,

stay relaxed ..... the pictures have not been published in the SDA because I appreciated your opinion at the time. I emailed you the pictures of the badges at that time (30.09.17). Your tendency was towards fake at the time ... and that was enough for me and I saw no need to publish the badges in the SDA, because so far everything was clear at first.

OK ?

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg 1 View Post
            I have a Meybauer hollow marine observer in silver
            Ferg
            You mean a hollow plated. But a hollow one piece I never seen before.
            I'm interesting to hear your oppinion too.

Kind regards

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mark99995 View Post
              Hello Alex,

stay relaxed ..... the pictures have not been published in the SDA because I appreciated your opinion at the time. I emailed you the pictures of the badges at that time (30.09.17). Your tendency was towards fake at the time ... and that was enough for me and I saw no need to publish the badges in the SDA, because so far everything was clear at first.

OK ?

Regards

Mark
              Sorry Mark. My memory is getting worse.
              THis is not easy to say. I'm still undecided.

Kind regards
              Alex

Comment

My hollow marine observer for comparison . Meybauer
                Ferg
                Attached Files

Comment

To me the first badge posted looks correct . I have seen perfectly original Meybauer badge without the characteristic pin set up ,admittedly not common but out there for sure .
                  Ferg

Comment

Dear Fergus,

I'm still not 100% convinced but like I wrote it looks promissing.
                    I'm not only aware about the pin also the gilding and material seems uncommon to me. I would not buy the badge without guaranty or before I would hold it in my hands.

Kind regards
                    Alex

Comment

There it is again - my old semantic problem:
                      I never seem to know what are the proper terms in english
                      German: hohl geprägt (transl.: hollow die struck) English: cliché style (?)
                      German: hohl verbödet (transl.: hollow with bottom) English: hollow (?) or hollow plated
                      (plated in German would be more for the finish - like "gold plated")

The threadstarter would be a hollow one (german definition), which is highly unusual for a Meybauer naval badge
                      Ferg tells us about his hollow one (english definition) and shows a piece with a bottom ...

Or did I miss the proper english term for the examples with the weep-holes ?

Time to agree on a basic vocabulary that might aid a proper discussion, imo...

regards
                      Hagrid
                      Last edited by Hagrid; 03-07-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X