Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKI Widows Cross

Good Afternoon,

I bought this one from good man William Kramer a long time ago. It's always been one of my favorite crosses even though its just a common square punch the added loop makes it pretty unique IMO. The workmanship on the pin is excellent but I can't say the same for my photos

Hope you like it.

Kirby
    Attached Files

Great cross surely, the added ring has been made with "Sunday hands" (very very well) .

Congrats

Comment

Very nice piece of Patriotika conversion. I have a similar Gallipoli Star.

Comment

Hi Kirby,

For certain a nice cross with an unusual addition but why do you refer to it as a "Widows Cross" please?

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hi Mike,
          the way it was explained to me is that the loop was added so that the widow of the soldier it was issued to could wear it around her neck in honor of her late husband. I guess it would be more proper to call it the " so called Widow's Cross". Nice story but of course speculation without photographic proof. It would be nice to hear from anyone else who might have some insight into this?

Thanks again guys!
          Kirby

Comment

You're absolutely right, I guess this is a 'zum Andenken' piece worn by the next of kin or later, after the recipient died. Not an uncommon practice in Germany.

Comment

a beautiful cross which I remember well.

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X