Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otto Von Bismarck Awards

hello,

I dont know if this is the appropriate forum to ask this, if not my apologies .
    I would like to know if anyone could tell me which were the decorations awarded to Otto Von Bismarck.

Thanks in advance!!

I know Bismarck was one of only three individuals to receive both the Peace and War Merit versions of the PLM. He received the War Merit PLM with Oak Leaves. He was also awarded the Iron Cross First and Second Classes. This is by far not a complete list as I have seen a grouping of his decorations in Berlin, but I just can't remember what they all were.
    SP

Comment

Thank you for your help Stephen! do you know who were the other two individuals that receive the both versions of PLM?

Originally posted by Stephen Previtera
      I know Bismarck was one of only three individuals to receive both the Peace and War Merit versions of the PLM. He received the War Merit PLM with Oak Leaves. He was also awarded the Iron Cross First and Second Classes. This is by far not a complete list as I have seen a grouping of his decorations in Berlin, but I just can't remember what they all were.
      SP

Comment

He also received the Prussian Life Saving Medal in 1842 (which was his first award) and many German and International Orders, mostly Grandcrosses as ..
        Some Examples:
        Prussia, Orden of the Black Eagle
        Baden, House Orden of Fidelity
        ... and many more ...
        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Humberto,
          Field-Marshal von Moltke (1874), Chancellor von Bismarck (1896), and General and Doctor Hermann von Kuhl (1924).
          Stephen

Comment

Thank you very much for your help Stephen!
            That's great info.

Originally posted by Stephen Previtera
            Humberto,
            Field-Marshal von Moltke (1874), Chancellor von Bismarck (1896), and General and Doctor Hermann von Kuhl (1924).
            Stephen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X