BDF stahlhelm badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDF stahlhelm badge

Not seen one of these before so I bought it . Cant find a photo of one of this forum, is it an unusual variant ? Bund der Frontkampfers? Thanks Rob
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

I believe this is the membership badge specifically for Gau Saarland - Westmark (Gau Saargebiet - Westmark, Bund der Frontsoldaten ( BdF ) Mitgliedsabzeichen). I think it's the 2nd type. The 1st type did not have the Iron Cross.

The resident expert on the Stahlhelm, Wilhelm Saris will know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      I believe this is the membership badge specifically for Gau Saarland - Westmark (Gau Saargebiet - Westmark, Bund der Frontsoldaten ( BdF ) Mitgliedsabzeichen). I think it's the 2nd type. The 1st type did not have the Iron Cross. The resident expert on the Stahlhelm, Wilhelm Saris will know for sure.
      In my opinion this is the badge known as "Bund der Freunde" (BdF), also known as "Freunde des Stahlhelms".
      It was mentioned in "Dienstliche Mitteilungen des Landesverbandes Bayern" in the newspaper "Süddeutscher Stahlhelm"
      (Bayern/Baden Württemberg und Hohenzollern), number 21 from May 27, 1934. It is a membership pin. The note about
      it was signed by Landesführer Freiherr von Waldenfels.
      If it is correct when it is specified as "Bund Der Frontsoldaten" (BdF) for the French occupied Saar region is the question.
      I have not found evidence about this.
      Note there also exists a triangle insignia with the indication "Gesellschaft der Freunde des Stahlhelms" (Association of
      friends). The text is in the outside; in the inner there is a steel-helmet with two oakleaf twigs.
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 10-29-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
        In my opinion this is the badge known as "Bund der Freunde", also known as "Freunde des Stahlhelms".
        It was mentioned in "Dienstliche Mitteilungen des Landesverbandes Bayern" in the newspaper "Süddeutscher Stahlhelm"
        (Bayern/Baden Württemberg und Hohenzollern), number 21 from May 27, 1934. It is a membership pin. The note about
        it was signed by Landesführer Freiherr von Waldenfels.
        Interesting info. I got my information from one that's for sale on the Philipp Militaria site. So, I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
          Interesting info. I got my information from one that's for sale on the Philipp Militaria site. So, I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong.
          bolewts58: I do not have all the knowledge/wisdom. I also can make mistakes.
          By the way: the membership-pin for the Saarland-members was an eagle-head. No further indications or letters.

Most of my information comes from the real Stahlhelm-experts, for over thirty years old friends, who always assist me.
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 10-29-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the infornation its very interesting. Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X