Medal "Sold.-Siedlung-Verband Kurland"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal "Sold.-Siedlung-Verband Kurland"

I would like to get the opinion about originality of this "Medaille des Soldaten-Siedlungs-Verbandes Kurland". Is this the piece produced during the Weimar Republic time or is it a post-war reproduction? Details look a bit soft.

Thank you in advance for your comments,
    Attached Files

It's hard to tell without better pictures. Can you show a close-up of the medal, especially the Oertel, Berlin mark on the lower left rim of the reverse?

These are heavily faked. The fakes are always oxidized copper without the normal gilded finish which is why this one concerns me, a bit. Although there appears to be some gilding and the rest may have just faded. The ribbon looks original which is promising.

Here's an original with which to compare.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the info and, particularly, for the images of the original medal.
      Here I add additional photos. They are not of the best quality, because we have heavy clouds and no sun light.
      Just by comparing photos of your original item with mine, it is evident that my piece is reproduction. My medal seems to be made of copper, as you mentioned before. I cannot find any trace of gilding. Mark "OERTEL BERLIN" is almost illegible.
      I got this piece ca. 25 years ago. So, this type of reproduction is "flying" around for some time.
      Thank you again for your expertise !!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to say this is an old cast reproduction.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X