Freikorps skull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps skull?

I find this skull and I gladly want the know if it is authentic or not? Its magnetic.
    Measurements:
    4 cm (1,5 inch) Wide
    3,5 cm (1,3 inch) Height
    1,8 gramm Weight

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

Not sure what it is. But, it's not Freikorps.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      Not sure what it is. But, it's not Freikorps.
      Thanks for your answer

Comment

It could be masonic or some fraternal order or with the hole maybe attached to a crucifix. Not sure though. Vince

Comment

Hi Green, Could be the skull and bones which is found at the bottom of wooden crusifixes.

Comment

Thank you guys

A crucifix skull ?...... imo the design would not fit in the Catholic scene! IMO the design fitts well in the Stormtroop/Sturm Abteilung, but as you already good read.... not an Freikorps skull. But Google......."Freikorps Skull"and see what I mean about the design!

Small detail
            As you look closer to the hole in the skull, you see remaining silver finnish between the skull and the bones. At the back you see some scratsch marks. IMO it was probably not nailed but stitched to something.

Anyway I like it as it is and maybe time will learn.....

Remaining silver finnish.jpg

Scratch marks Skull.jpg

Comment

You may be correct about the stitching but there is no evidence of prongs ever being on the reverse. Also is does resemble the austrian assault troop skull a little. Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Zirnhelt View Post
                You may be correct about the stitching but there is no evidence of prongs ever being on the reverse. Also is does resemble the austrian assault troop skull a little. Vince
                Thanks for your answer, but I have never spoken of prongs before.
                The hole is the ability to fix it to.....? IMO prongs are not needed here!

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                  Thanks for your answer, but I have never spoken of prongs before.
                  The hole is the ability to fix it to.....? IMO prongs are not needed here!
                  Yes i understand, I was suggesting most skull insignia have prongs to attach them. The holes usually come after prongs are broken. Vince

Comment

I doubt it's even German. I suspect it's Italian, Spanish or perhaps Eastern European.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                      I doubt it's even German. I suspect it's Italian, Spanish or perhaps Eastern European.

Thank you for thinking along

You are right the skull good indeed also come from an other country!

Comment

Hello
                        This is one of the many variations of field made skull for the Chetnik movement from the regions of Yugoslavia. Pre ww2 and ww2 era.
                        Very nice insignia
                        If it is for sale i would be interested and would appreciate if you would contact me.
                        Regards from Slovenia.

Comment

Originally posted by zbiratelj View Post
                          Hello
                          This is one of the many variations of field made skull for the Chetnik movement from the regions of Yugoslavia. Pre ww2 and ww2 era.
                          Very nice insignia
                          If it is for sale i would be interested and would appreciate if you would contact me.
                          Regards from Slovenia.
                          Send you a PM

Comment

Certainly not from the Chetnik movement. Pobably from a biker from the sixties......I put it on my leather Harley jacket

Comment

International Order of Odd Fellows.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X