Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps badge Ritter von Epp

Hi guys.
    Is it a good or bad badge? Thanks in advance!

Hagen

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

The pictures aren't very clear. But, it looks like a cast fake. Also, they never had a backing like that.

This is what an original looks like.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian L.; 05-13-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      The pictures aren't very clear. But, it looks like a cast fake. Also, they never had a backing like that.

This is what an original looks like.
      Thanks a lot. Saved my money 🖒

Comment

Again i kindly ask for your help. What do you guys think of these 2 badges. Thanks in advance!

Comment

The stickpin is genuine.

It's hard to tell from the photo about the armbadge. Better photos, close-ups and shots of the reverse would help determine whether it's original, or not. But, the black diamond is modern. They didn't make the diamonds like this and you can tell from the threads on the back that it is a recent sewing job. I wouldn't have it in my collection.

You should know that a company in Japan run by a German guy named Schmidt makes quite good repros of all kinds of German badges including this one. It's hard to say for sure. But, it does look like one of his.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
            The stickpin is genuine.

It's hard to tell from the photo about the armbadge. Better photos, close-ups and shots of the reverse would help determine whether it's original, or not. But, the black diamond is modern. They didn't make the diamonds like this and you can tell from the threads on the back that it is a recent sewing job. I wouldn't have it in my collection.

You should know that a company in Japan run by a German guy named Schmidt makes quite good repros of all kinds of German badges including this one. It's hard to say for sure. But, it does look like one of his.
            Always a pleasure to read your comments. Thanks again!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X