Baltic cross for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baltic cross for review

I purchased this cross some years ago from a trusted dealer and forum member, who specializes in medals and badges, with the understanding that the cross was pre 1945 manufacture. I have searched the archives here and cannot locate the exact hinge, pin and catch configuration. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Attached Files
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Attached Files
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,

I agree the few Baltic pinback crosses I have do have different hardware than yours but many makers made these during the period resulting in variations and yours can just be an undocumented type. As far as I am concerned though the crude hardware and rivets present on yours are typical of early pieces.

No Baltic crosses with similar hardware to compare but sometime you have to look "outside the box" at period/related pieces to compare & I have some Schlesischer Adlers with similar hardware & rivets to yours. Top; 2 SEs with same type pin/catch as your BC, below 2 early SEs with crude rivets & even folded clips

IMO your BC is a nice original early period piece but wait for more knowledgeable opinions to be sure

Regards

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
          Hi Mark,

I agree the few Baltic pinback crosses I have do have different hardware than yours but many makers made these during the period resulting in variations and yours can just be an undocumented type. As far as I am concerned though the crude hardware and rivets present on yours are typical of early pieces.

No Baltic crosses with similar hardware to compare but sometime you have to look "outside the box" at period/related pieces to compare & I have some Schlesischer Adlers with similar hardware & rivets to yours. Top; 2 SEs with same type pin/catch as your BC, below 2 early SEs with crude rivets & even folded clips

IMO your BC is a nice original early period piece but wait for more knowledgeable opinions to be sure

Regards

JC
          I agree. It's an early award piece and appears in black and silver finish in Konstantin Nikolaev's book.

Comment

This is wonderful news ! Thank you for your reply .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X