Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiemgau badge and armband discovery

Hello,
    I was extremely lucky to find this armband in a lot of stuff at an auction..
    I am still trying to figure out if I paid too much..

It sure looks good to me.
    How hard is it to find a complete chiemgau armband with the ink stampings?
    I'm not clear about exactly when this would have been used? 1919 only? or when?
    Thanks for any opinions and info you can add.
    I'm really excited to add this to my items!

I talk about this at length here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=752965&page=4

Post #77 and #78.

Comment

So would this have been used after they were formed into the Einwohnerwehr? or just in the 1919 period?
      Thanks!

Edit: read the posting again and it plainly said they used the badge with both groups.... I need to comprehend more.
      This is my first Freikorps item I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by steif View Post
        So would this have been used after they were formed into the Einwohnerwehr? or just in the 1919 period?
        Thanks!

Edit: read the posting again and it plainly said they used the badge with both groups.... I need to comprehend more.
        This is my first Freikorps item I have found.
        As stated in my post, this is an Einwohnerwehr Chiemgau armband. Therefore, it dates from June/July 1919 to June 1921. You can see it being worn in the photo in post #77 of the link by the Einwohnerwehr Chiemgau during their parade in Munich on Sept. 26, 1920.

The badge on black diamond only (no armband) was worn by Freikorps Chiemgau from February 11, 1919 until likely no later than October 31, 1919 - as Freikorps Chiemgau (until June 1919) and then by former members who entered Reichswehr-Brigade 21 (until October 31, 1919). As stated Einwohnerwehr Chiemgau was formed from former members of Freikorps Chiemgau who didn't join the Reichswehr.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X