Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weimar Period Marine Vanity Bar

Hello all,

I recently picked this bar up from a fellow member here on the forum. I have only been seriously collecting pre-WW2 bars for the past year and thought this one was too neat to pass up.

Feel free to comment. Also, at one time, I found a thread that listed all of the unofficial bars in this style for the EK2, but have not been able to find it since. If anyone has the link, I'd be very appreciative.

Nathan
    Attached Files

Close up of the bars.

Prior to owning this bar, I had never heard of the Siege of "Nowo-Georgiewsk." For those of you who may be in the same boat, here's a link to a brief overview of the battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Novogeorgievsk
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice group. The EK bars are quite hard to come by, for some reason and all seem to command very high prices. I would suspect that the bar for Nowo-Georgiewsk is particularly scarce.

Comment

bolewts58 - Thanks for the comment. I also had a group with the more common "Belgien" bar, but foolishly sold it. As the son of a British Medal collector, I appreciate the "battle bars" as I believe they add history to the medal bar. It also narrows down the career of the soldier, which I think is interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X