• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for some info

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help with two Freikorps units:

1. Oberschlesisches Landjägerkorps

2. Deutsche Selbschutz Kompanie Beuthen Nord

Have you got any info about them? Formation, organisation, fights, commanders, etc ??
    I've got an awards of them, so I just wanted to know more about them. Google is not very helpful - there are not many informations...

I would be very thankful

The commander of Oberschlesisches Landesjägerkorps was Hauptmann Hartlaub. Oberschlesisches Landesjägerkorps took part in the 1st Polish Uprising from 18-26 August, 1919. As far as I know, they had no award. So, I'd be interested to see what you have. The insignia is a silver pine bough with pine cones. Former members formed a paramilitary group called the Landesschützenverband Oberschlesien that existed from 1921-1933. I've attached an image of the Honor Badge for the LSV-OS and the Marksmen Badge for the LSV-OS both of which show the pine bough collar badge of the Oberschlesisches Landesjägerkorps and in the case of the Honor badge, the SSOS shield, as well.

Deutsche Selbschutz Kompanie Beuthen Nord was raised in 1921 and took part in the 3rd Polish Uprising from April to August 1921. I believe they saw action in The Battle of Annaberg on May 21-26. There's information about the unit and the awards in Konstantin Nikolaev's book. But, it's in Russian. I'll try to translate it and post the info later in the week if I can.

Hopefully, Destruction will post something to answer your questions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian L.; 02-18-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

Hopefully, Destruction will post something to answer your questions.
      I will get back with some info ASAP, need to fix my expired Association Membership.
      Borzadow, may I ask what kind of awards you got for Beuthen Nord? Is it usual black enameled cross without swords, or something more interesting?

Comment

Thank you VERY much for that infos so far !!!!

I'll be waiting for more - I'm very curious what else you have there

I have a nice Beuthen-Nord set. I must to take photo of it - I'll post it soon.

And what about Oberschlesisches Landesjägerkorps - I have a collar tabs (desribed f.e. in Hartung's book):

Comment

Hartung is wrong. A silver pine bough like the one shown on the LVS-OS badge is the correct collar badge and is the one shown in Haarcke. The collar badge you have is for Freikorps von Oven.

Please look at the following link and scroll down to post #8 for more information.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=752965&page=8
          Last edited by Brian L.; 02-19-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

That's right about the oakleaves! Thanks.

And btw here is the Beuthen-Nord set:

Comment

That's a very nice grouping. The SAII document with Beuthen stamps is particularly nice and quite scarce. The Beuthen Cross without swords is the most common one found. With swords is much, much rarer. Having said that, any Beuthen Cross is hard to find and yours is in excellent condition.

Comment

Thank you!

Btw if you will have any problem with translate the book you have, you may just post the screens - I speak russian

Comment

Originally posted by Borzadow View Post
                  Thank you!

Btw if you will have any problem with translate the book you have, you may just post the screens - I speak russian
                  Hey Patryk,
                  I did a check and realized that you made the same request few years ago so I already sent you all the info I have, including Pisarski book in pdf

Comment

That's right but I have lost almoust all of my data. I still have that book, but my german isn't so good to read that specific kind of literature.

I'm looking for a concrete infos about Beuthen-Nord: battles, commanders, formation, etc. Pisarski's book is a "hell way" for me...

So if you have any systemized infos, I'd be thankful for them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X