Frei corps collar tap ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frei corps collar tap ok?

What do you think about this Freikorps collar tap?
    IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

it's not Freikorps. Maybe police.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      it's not Freikorps. Maybe police.
      Why you are so sure it´s not Freikorps, please explaine?

I am not the only one who´s thinking its Freikorps, but maybe we both be wrong

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173659679124

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
        I think bolewts58 is right. And if someone can know it is him.

I cannot find it amongst Freikorps-insignia, but neither it is for police.
        It looks as an insignia for the Bavarian police, but that device did not
        have a smaller acorn at the leaves.

It is not forestry related either, but merely looks as a Jäger or Schützen-device.
        They used many forms with oakleaves and acorns. I did check many manufacturers
        catalogues.
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 12-14-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173659679124
          It's not in any reference book for Freikorps, nor have I ever seen it before in connection to Freikorps.

I agree with Wilhelm that it may be Jager or Schutzen, or in other words some sort of hunt or shooting club insignia. If you look at catalogues from the 1920s and 30s, there are many different kinds of oakleaf devices for sale.

Comment

By the way, you provided a link to a Brit eBay seller as the other person thinking it was Freikorps. Seriously? Firstly, I don't know any dealer even among the top dealers in Germany who knows that much about Freikorps. Secondly, this eBay seller you refer to has maybe 1 or 2 genuine Freikorps items among all the stuff he's selling and the rest of his stock is either fake or not Freikorps at all.

Comment

By the way, you provided a link to a Brit eBay seller as the other person thinking it was Freikorps. Seriously? Firstly, I don't know any dealer even among the top dealers in Germany who knows that much about Freikorps. Secondly, this eBay seller you refer to has maybe 1 or 2 genuine Freikorps items among all the stuff he's selling and the rest of his stock is either fake or not Freikorps at all.

At first, thanks both for your opinions

Yes, I provided seriously a link to a Brit E-bay seller.... just because he have the same one.......a clue for me during my own research. Also find an other example....hard to see but recognizable IMO.

download.jpg
              They described these as Freikorps collar tabs

But you are right it can be a collar tab from a different unit or club.

Also thank you both.... for taking the time and effort to help out
              Last edited by Green; 12-15-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Green: can you provide a better photo of all the devices please?

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                  Green: can you provide a better photo of all the devices please?
                  Sorry, this was a picture from the web. It is wat is I can´t get it better!

Comment

If you don't already have them, then I would suggest you get:

Katalog der Uniformabzeichen der deutschen Freikorps by Ingo Haarcke
                    Deutsche Freikorps 1918-1923 by Lothar Bichlmaier and Lothar Hartung

Haarcke's Katalog is currently the best photo reference for Freikorps unit badges.

Comment

If you don't already have them, then I would suggest you get:

Katalog der Uniformabzeichen der deutschen Freikorps by Ingo Haarcke
                      Deutsche Freikorps 1918-1923 by Lothar Bichlmaier and Lothar Hartung

Haarcke's Katalog is currently the best photo reference for Freikorps unit badges.
                      Thank you for this information......really appreciate it

Comment

If you're interested in genuine Freikorps unit insignia, I have a thread here that I periodically add to from my collection. I make sure the pictures are large and clear so that others can see details of authentic Freikorps badges for reference.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=752965

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X