• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silesian Eagles .so many variations

My 2 2nd class a 3 1st class
    Attached Files

Nice family Elmer!

I agree, there are so many variations of these. A lot of companies made them. Some makers produced SEs in 4 or 5 versions (of both classes) in different metals, finishes and with different hardware to accomodate different tastes/budgets. Some also made new dies as old ones wore out or got damaged: a field of collecting in its own right that would keep one busy for a long while!

Cheers

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
      Nice family Elmer!

I agree, there are so many variations of these. A lot of companies made them. Some makers produced SEs in 4 or 5 versions (of both classes) in different metals, finishes and with different hardware to accomodate different tastes/budgets. Some also made new dies as old ones wore out or got damaged: a field of collecting in its own right that would keep one busy for a long while!

Cheers

JC
      So true. As a Freikorps collector, I have obviously collected examples of these, but not focused on them for the obvious reason that it would become all-consuming and use up my limited budget. Having said that, I still have accumulated half a dozen or so of each class without really trying. Ditto for the Baltic Cross. Don't even get me started on the endless variety of SA documents produced (which I do collect in depth).
      Speaking of the Baltic Cross, there are nearly as many varieties of it, both as a pinback and less common version suspended from a ribbon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X