Freikorps Epp and Stahlhelm Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freikorps Epp and Stahlhelm Pin

2 recent pick ups. I have only seen the plate one or two other times.

I read somewhere that the plate was thought to be a commemorative plate for veterans of Freikorp Epp to purchase.

The Stahlhelm pin is engraved with the same info that is written on the inner box lid. I try to buy all the boxed versions of these I see since they are hard to find.

Gary B
    Attached Files
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

There was a substantial cottage industry in the 1920s and 30s in Freikorps Epp commemorative ephemera: beer steins, plates, plaques, pipes, Christmas decorations, posters, honor certificates, stick-pins etc.

There was a large Freikorps Epp veteran's association. Not to mention, that part of the SA was made up of ex-Epp members. All these Freikorps Epp vets even held annual rallies, the last being held in 1939.

Presumably, there was enough of a market among all these former members to support the production of all this commemorative kitsch.

I'm sure von Epp himself got a cut of all the sales.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
      There was a substantial cottage industry in the 1920s and 30s in Freikorps Epp commemorative ephemera: beer steins, plates, plaques, pipes, Christmas decorations, posters, honor certificates, stick-pins etc.

There was a large Freikorps Epp veteran's association. Not to mention, that part of the SA was made up of ex-Epp members. All these Freikorps Epp vets even held annual rallies, the last being held in 1939.

Presumably, there was enough of a market among all these former members to support the production of all this commemorative kitsch.

I'm sure von Epp himself got a cut of all the sales.
      Thank you for the additional information.

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X