Uniforms in pictures-Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms in pictures-Help needed

I have a few pictures that I need help with as I am unable to identify the units.
    This is the first one.Rear is blank
    thanks
    andy
    Attached Files

Number 2

This is the second one.
    Any thoughts on the Arm Insignia-Looks like Number 13
    Rear is blank
    Attached Files

Comment

Number 3

Any thoughts on the collar insignia-Is it just rank?
      blank rear
      Attached Files

Comment

No 4

Just looking for an approximate time frame.Is it late 1920's?
        Rear is blank
        Attached Files

Comment

#1 Bavarian Reichswehr-Schützen-Regiment 47 (June 1 - September 30, 1919)

#2 Possibly 13. (Württ.) Infanterie-Regiment (Reichswehr) (December 1918 - June 1, 1919)

#3 Detachment Grothe (part of Freikorps Hülsen) (January - June, 1919)

#4 Vorläufige Reichswehr (Provisional Reichswehr (June 1 - September 30, 1919). Based on the hat insignia, I would say this is sometime in June 1919, as only the officers are wearing the new Reichsheer oakleaf wreath on their hats. The rest are wearing the soft, Freikorps/early Reichswehr caps. By mid-summer, all personnel would have been wearing this insignia on hats similar to the officers.
          Interestingly, the officer standing in the center is wearing both the Imperial German Commemorative Pilot's Badge and what looks like the Imperial Austrian (Emperor Karl) Aircrew badge.

I hope this helps.
          Last edited by Brian L.; 03-30-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Wow never expected that much
            Thank you so much for the help
            regards
            andy

Comment

#4 imho after 1927. The soldier in the middle wore a Feldrock m27 with 6 frontal buttons...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
                #4 imho after 1927. The soldier in the middle wore a Feldrock m27 with 6 frontal buttons...
                They are all wearing caps from the period June - September 1919. These would not have been worn after Sept. 30, 1919 except by some resistant Bavarian units who wore them until early 1920.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                  They are all wearing caps from the period June - September 1919. These would not have been worn after Sept. 30, 1919 except by some resistant Bavarian units who wore them until early 1920.
                  This soft cap is phrased as Feldmütze and was worn into the early 1930's when being replaced by the regular Feldmütze neuer Art (1933). As far as information goes they were even worn in 1935.

I must have a photograph somewhere, where these early caps are being worn during manoeuvres at Senne near Bielefeld between 12 and 18 February 1935. I must also have a photograph where a TR
                  eagle is being worn with such cap.
                  The German police also did wear these caps where they were known as Hausmütze.
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-28-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                    This soft cap is phrased as Feldmütze and was worn into the early 1930's when being replaced by the regular Feldmütze neuer Art (1933). As far as information goes they were even worn in 1935.

I must have a photograph somewhere, where these early caps are being worn during manoeuvres at Senne near Bielefeld between 12 and 18 February 1935. I must also have a photograph where a TR
                    eagle is being worn with such cap.
                    The German police also did wear these caps where they were known as Hausmütze.
                    Sorry. I should have been clearer. The officer and NCO in the center are wearing the first pattern Reichswehr wreath with cockade which was disallowed after Sept. 30, 1919 and replaced with the Reichsadler. The rest of them are wearing a single cockade, which should also be a Reichsadler, if after Sept. 30, 1919. Therefore they can't be later than 1919 or perhaps early 1920, if they are Bavarian.

Comment

Sorry. I should have been clearer. The officer and NCO in the center are wearing the first pattern Reichswehr wreath with cockade which was disallowed after Sept. 30, 1919 and replaced with the Reichsadler. The rest of them are wearing a single cockade, which should also be a Reichsadler, if after Sept. 30, 1919. Therefore they can't be later than 1919 or perhaps early 1920, if they are Bavarian.
                      you referred to the photo from post 4 and gave an answer with post 8 and there was my answer based for.
                      These caps were anyway worn until 1935.

Comment

They wore the Feldmütze mod. 20 used until 1934/35 !!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                          you referred to the photo from post 4 and gave an answer with post 8 and there was my answer based for.
                          These caps were anyway worn until 1935.
                          You're correct Wilhelm and thanks for your input. But, I was dating the photo based on the the insignia, not the caps. My reference to the caps being only from 1919 was incorrect and not what I meant to say. That's why I clarified it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X