X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silesian stick pin

Silesian stick pin
    Attached Files

Not familiar with SE stick pins so wait for better opinions but on full size enamelled Silesian eagles the fact that the enamel is not even/flush with the surface details is a bad sign. It means that epoxy paint (which shrinks after curing) was used instead of the true baked enamel used on originals

JC

Comment

I actually think it's ok. These were often knocked out with not much attention to quality, unlike the full-size ones, unless you're talking about a name-brand maker like Godet, whose minis are quite fine.

Comment

Hi!

While searching the forum looking for info about my Silesian Stickpin I found this thread showing Elmer´s one (a nice one IMO) Please leave an opinion on mine as is different from Elmer´s one, it has also a Knurled pin and is 10mm High. (Sorry for the blurred pic, is very difficult to capture ths little one!)

Besta Regards

Nacho
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks ok. These were produced right up to the early 1970s as Freikorps vets were still alive and still buying replacements etc. It's hard to date this one. But, it's probably 1930s-40s. Can you show the back and the whole pin, please?

Comment

Thanks for the answer, pics from the back as requested, as you can see is plain with no marks,

regards

Nacho
            Attached Files

Comment

I tried to photo the front again but this is the better I got by now, it is not as golden as in the photo, it os more blackish

Regards

Nacho
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks ok. As I said, 1930s-40s.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion, glad to know more about this stickpin

Best regards

Nacho

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X